Chloeta is a dynamic provider of emergency management and environmental consulting services internationally to both private and public sector clients.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Security Manager for assigned shift on an emergency incident such as a wildfire and is responsible for the protection, safeguarding and security of assets, personnel, customers and all visitors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- complete daily log of activities, including any vehicles turned away and significant public interactions
- if suspicious or unruly behavior occurs, or a breach, USO will notify incident Security Manager immediately via radio or other means
- provide roaming and static presence at assigned post
- restrict access to incident sites such as Incident Command Post (ICP), Staging Areas, Helibases, etc.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates primarily outdoors and as such may be exposed to extreme heat, cold, precipitation, dust or other similar environmental factors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Call When Needed in nature with unconventional Duty Schedule when activated.
May be extensive; incident activity dependent.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. At least eighteen (18) years of age.
3. Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in an emergency incident environment and enforcement procedures.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Valid state security guard license, if required
- Security/law enforcement experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Drug Free Workplace
Positions may require a mandatory pre-employment drug test. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test is received. The drug test will be provided at Government direction and expense. Once hired, employees may also be subject to random drug testing during employment. This is in accordance with Executive Order 12564 and under the Department’s Drug Free Workplace Program.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Chloeta provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.