Chloeta is a dynamic and growing business that solves problems internationally for our clients.
A Roll Off Truck Driver Class B CDL is responsible for safely operating a heavy commercial truck to provide prompt safe mobilization and demobilization of heavy equipment. The Roll Off Truck Driver Class B CDL is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (“VCRs”) on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations
- acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers
- works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- Two years of prior experience driving heavy trucks.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to be able to do perform minor repairs to containers.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order.
- Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck.
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other reports, as required.Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner
- .Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Must be available for 24/7 dispatch to incidents during fire season with a 2-hr or less response time to his or her Duty Station (Rigby, Idaho) when contacted.
- May be required to work extended shift lengths and days in a row when assigned to an incident.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s license with air brakes endorsement.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- 401(k) plan
It is the policy of Chloeta not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.