Chloeta is a dynamic international service provider in the emergency management and environmental consulting fields. Chloeta team members are energetic, committed, assertive, and intelligent, often working autonomously in high risk environments. At Chloeta, the right candidate can expect to be challenged and given creative flexibility and freedom to produce high quality results.
CHLOETA FIRE is recruiting individuals to fill positions as Wildland Firefighter engine personnel under government contracts. Openings are available for both experienced and entry level Wildland Firefighter personnel. Statewide travel is frequently necessary to wildfires and prescribed burns. Travel to and from the job site is fully compensated by the company; travel to the duty station is the responsibility of the employee. Ample opportunities exist for overtime while assigned to wildfires and prescribed burns.
Duty Station: Colorado Springs, Colorado area; Nationwide travel
- Recruits must be able to successfully serve as engine staff member
- Able to pass DOT physical
- Clean driving record for the past three (3) years
- Recruits should be willing and expect to travel extensively and be assigned to incidents for up to fourteen (14) to twenty-one (21) days at a time
- All personnel are required to provide a copy of their current Incident Qualifications Card (red card) with an updated Arduous Work Capacity Test prior to beginning work
- Preference will be given to applicants residing within a two (2) hour travel time of Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Provide proof of eligibility for work within the United States
- Represent Chloeta professionally at times
- Operate effectively within high stress, team setting environments
- Maintain a high level of physical fitness
- Maintain constant readiness for incident response nationwide
- Occasionally work up to sixteen (16) hours per day
- Typically work up to seven (7) days per week, for fourteen (14) to twenty-21 (21) days straight
- Wildland Firefighting Positions: Arduous Duty Work Capacity Test (walk 3 miles with a 45 lb pack on in 45 minutes)
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Employees should expect to be available for extensive travel nationwide during fire season
- When assigned within one (1) hour of the duty station, housing will NOT be provided
- All travel expenses, including meals and lodging, are provided by the company while the employee is in official travel status
Drug Free Workplace
Positions may require a pre-employment drug test. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test is received, or if the applicant leaves before the drug test is completed. The drug test will be provided at company direction and expense. Once hired, employees are also subject to random drug testing during the tenure of employment.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
- You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Chloeta provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.