Chloeta is recruiting to fill multiple part-time Wildfire Mitigation Specialists in Boulder County, Colorado.
Duty Location: Boulder County, Colorado Area
- Clean driving record for the past three (3) years
- US Citizen
- Recruitment: Specialists will help recruit new participants and assisted with the Wildfire Partners Tour of Homes.
- Scheduling: Specialists will assist with the scheduling of site visits.
- Wildfire Assessments: Perform comprehensive, on-site wildfire assessments of individual homes and building sites with homeowners and their representatives. Assessments may examine the ignition potential of the home as well as the zones of defensible space around the home. Specialists will mark trees for removal. While assessing the vulnerability of the home to wildfire, the specialist will educate the homeowner on the importance of mitigation. Specialists will submit assessment data and review the customer report.
- Technical Phone Advising: Specialists will follow up with homeowners, answer technical questions, and help homeowners achieve their Wildfire Partners Certificate within clearly defined deadlines.
- Wildfire Site Visits: Perform shorter site visits that do not include a full assessment or inspection of homes.
- Wildfire Inspections: Conduct inspections of homes that have been assessed to determine if the homeowners have completed required mitigation measures. Deliver yard sign to homeowners who pass their inspection.
- Reporting and Data Collection: Specialists will support reporting efforts. They will fill out an assessment app for each home that includes a list of mitigation measures for the homeowner to perform. Specialists will be provided an ipad to take pictures and input data from the assessments and inspections. Data collection for monitoring and financial tracking will be a key role of the specialists. Specialists will take notes during all site visits and submit this information to other program team members. Specialists will prepare and submit Wildfire Mitigation Plans when required.
- Collaboration and Communications: Specialists will work with other members of the Wildfire Partners team to help implement the program and conduct other tasks as assigned. Specialists will clearly communicate their availability on a regular basis so that site visits may be scheduled by the phone advisors and staff.
- Site Surveys: Specialists shall perform site survey required by grantors.
- Applicants are required to have past wildfire mitigation experience, including previous experience with ignition resistant construction, defensible space marking, and education and outreach. Applicants must provide their own vehicle.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required. Specialists will be conducting home assessments alongside homeowners and are required to educate and interact with residents throughout their visits. Effective communication skills are essential for success.
- In-depth understanding of how wildfires ignite homes and post-fire assessments of home loss and survival is essential. Field experience protecting, assessing and/or mitigating homes, in addition to familiarity with the literature on this subject, is required.
- Experience or knowledge of how to assess and mark defensible space is required.
- Applicants who have worked as independent consultants, or who have a strong track record demonstrating their ability to work independently, are preferred.
- Work will routinely be outdoors while performing home assessments or inspections
Compensation and Work Schedule
- These are part-time positions and candidates will set their own work schedule based on workload
- Applicants MUST possess reliable transportation and will be reimbursed mileage for travel within the county
Chloeta is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.