Chloeta is a dynamic and growing business that solves problems internationally for our clients.
Wildland Firefighter (Prescribed Fire)
Chloeta is recruiting to fill wildland firefighter positions to provide prescribed fire and wildfire suppression support throughout the state of Florida. These are Call When Needed positions with work fluctuating with the seasons.
Duty Station: Ocala, Florida
- Serve as a crewmember on a engines, hand crew and/or burn modules
- Maintain a high level of physical fitness
- Represent Chloeta professionally at all times
- Assist with meeting client prescribed fire targets safely and efficiently
- Response to wildfires when necessary as an initial attack resource
- U.S. Citizenship
- Direct Deposit
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record
- Qualified as an NWCG Wildland Firefighter Type 2 (FFT2)
- Successful completion of an ATV operators/safety course (can be provided pre-employment to eligible candidates)
- Documented proof of participation in five (5) wildland fire incidents, either prescribed fire or wildfire, OR qualified at the Wildland Firefighter Type 1 (FFT1) level
- Prior equipment operating experience
- S-212 Chainsaw experience
The work is performed in a range/forest environment in difficult terrain, where surfaces may be extremely uneven, rocky, covered with thick, tangled vegetation, etc. Temperatures are frequently extreme, both from the weather or from fire. Smoke and dust conditions are frequently severe. The hazardous nature of the work requires that protective clothing (boots, gloves, rubber and leather), hard hats, face masks, Nomex pants and shirts, etc., be worn.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, education and capability
- 75% or greater
- Overnight travel may be required
- All training paid
- Career advancement opportunities
It is the policy of Chloeta not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.