Chloeta is a dynamic and growing business that solves problems internationally for our clients.
Chloeta is recruiting to fill wildland firefighter positions to provide prescribed fire and wildfire suppression support throughout the state of Florida. These are Call When Needed (CWN) positions with steady work for candidates willing to travel. Personnel will conduct Hazardous Fuels Reduction (HFR) projects (fireline construction) using tractors with mowers and discs, mulching with skid steers and masticators and hand felling with chainsaws. Personnel will participate in prescribed burns statewide for ecological benefit and may respond to emergency wildfire events for initial or extended attack as needed.
- Serve as a crewmember on a engines, hand crew and/or burn modules
- Operate agricultural and forestry equipment safely to complete wildfire mitigation and prescribed fire preparation projects
- Maintain a high level of physical fitness
- Represent Chloeta professionally at all times
- Assist with meeting client prescribed fire targets safely and efficiently
- Response to wildfires when necessary as an initial attack resource
- U.S. Citizenship
- Direct Deposit
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record
- Prior experience as an Equipment Operator with tractors and skid steers
- Basic Wildland Firefighter (FFT2)
- S-212 Chainsaw experience
- DOT Medical Certificate
- CDL Class B
The work is performed in a range/forest environment in difficult terrain, where surfaces may be extremely uneven, rocky, covered with thick, tangled vegetation, etc. Temperatures are frequently extreme, both from the weather or from fire. Smoke and dust conditions are frequently severe. The hazardous nature of the work requires that protective clothing (boots, gloves, rubber and leather), hard hats, face masks, Nomex pants and shirts, etc., be worn.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, education and capability
- 75% or greater
- Overnight travel may be required
- When away from assigned Duty Station on travel all lodging, per diem and incidentals will be provided by the company
- All training paid
- Career advancement opportunities
- Health, dental and vision insurance available for eligible employees
- 401(k) available for eligible employees
It is the policy of Chloeta not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.