Chloeta is a dynamic and growing business that solves problems internationally for our clients. Chloeta is a TERO Certified Native American owned business and exhibits Indian Preference in its hiring practices.
Lead/Senior Firefighters (Wildland Fire Module)
Chloeta is recruiting to fill one Intermediate Faller (FAL2) position on a 10-person Wildland Fire Module (WFM).
Duty Station: Libby, Montana; Kootenia National Forest
Makes initial evaluation of fire situation and determines suppression method to use, determines rate of spread, potential hazards to property and other improvements, hose lays, deployment of crew, point of initial attack, type of tools to use and application of water.
Assists in the preparation of hazardous fuels treatment plans and burn plans based on predicted fire behavior and risk assessment. May assist in forestry/range research efforts. Collects fire data for fuels management and maintains records.
Performs wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical capabilities and other duties as assigned. Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Direct Deposit Required.
- Background Investigation Required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical screening, including lung sphygmometer test
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test
- Asbestos awareness training (will be provided)
- Prior USDA Forest Service or US Department of Interior employment experience preferred
- Engine Boss Trainee (ENGB-T)
- Crew Boss Trainee (CRWB-T)
- Advanced Firefighter (FFT1)
- Incident Commander, Type 5 (ICT5)
- Faller Type 2 (FAL2)
- Preference given to prior agency employment experience as smokejumper, hotshot or helirappeller
The work requires arduous physical exertion, such as regular and recurring running, walking, or bending; walking or climbing over rocky areas, or other uneven surfaces, through dense vegetation, and in mountainous terrain. Physical exertion includes carrying 30-50 pounds of gear while operating power saws or hand tools for long durations. The duties of this position require that the incumbent meet the arduous level of physical fitness as measured by the current physical fitness testing standards.
The work is performed in a range/forest environment in steep terrain, where surfaces may be extremely uneven, rocky, covered with thick, tangled vegetation, etc. Temperatures are frequently extreme, both from the weather or from fire. Smoke and dust conditions are frequently severe. The hazardous nature of the work requires that protective clothing (boots, gloves, rubber and leather), hard hats, face masks, Nomex pants and shirts, etc., be worn.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, education and capability
- GS-6 equivalent for Lead Firefighters; GS-5 equivalent for Senior Firefighters
- Work Schedule will be 40 hrs/wk when not assigned to fires, and up to sixteen (16) hours/day for fourteen (14) or more days when assigned to an incident
- Tentative crew start date is 18 JUN 2018 and approximate furlough date is 22 SEP 2018
- 25% or Greater
- Travel is required to wildland fires.
- All training paid
- 401(k) retirement investment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Health insurance
It is the policy of Chloeta not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.