Chloeta is a dynamic and growing business that solves problems internationally for our clients. Job Title: FEMA Public Assistance/Individual Assistance Specialists
Chloeta is recruiting to fill disaster recovery reservist positions throughout the Gulf Coast to support client's needs by creating a cadre of Call When Needed (CWN) personnel for use on future Presidentially declared disasters. Duty Station:
TBD, Gulf CoastAttributes/Duties:
- Hazard Mitigation Project Development/Benefit Cost Analysis
- Disaster recovery and grant administration experience under the FEMA Public Assistance (PA) or Individual Assistance (IA) programs
- Coordinating with local, state and federal stakeholders to identify and report disaster related damage
- Performing damage site assessment visits and developing initial project list to report to FEMA (including assigning project category and preliminary cost estimate)
- Advising subgrantees on policy and program requirements and opportunities for individual projects and overall recovery strategy
- Collaborating with FEMA and other stakeholders to develop project scopes and costs for incorporation into Project Worksheets
- Collecting and preparing necessary documentation to support development of Project Worksheets (including FAL and FAE for emergency protective measure reimbursement and documentation of volunteer time and donations)
- Supporting development of multiple Project Worksheets (to include range of services from reviewing Project Worksheets prepared by FEMA to developing DDD, Scope of Work and Costs)
- Anticipating and addressing Special Considerations
- Identifying project-specific hazard mitigation opportunities
- Contributing to and/or maintaining project tracking and reporting tools
- Completing all reports and tracking of time and expenses required by Project Management and Client
- Proof of a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- HS diploma and at least 4 (four) years of relevant job experience or Bachelor’s degree and previous experience with FEMA Public Assistance Program
- Previous experience supporting grantees and/or subgrantees during initial phases of disaster recovery is highly preferred
- Previous Emergency Protective Measure and Category C project experience is also highly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time for 90 days or longer assignments
- Ability to deploy to remote locations experiencing disaster conditions and work up to 12 hours a day, 7 days per week
- Prior work PA or IA on a Presidentially declared disaster.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Represent Chloeta professionally at all times
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and orally) with team members and local, state and federal stakeholders
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Sharepoint
- Ability to use provided IT tools and document management tools to create, organize and maintain project documents
- Ability to work independently and problem solve with minimal supervision
Security ClearanceTravel Required
- Compensation is commensurate with qualifications.
- Offer and assignment will be contingent upon client contract terms and project schedules.
- Assignments can require up to 100% travel in locations impacted by disaster.
- Ideal candidates will be familiar with and accommodate the unpredictable nature of disaster recovery needs
- All training paid
- Travel opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401(k) may be available for eligible employees
It is the policy of Chloeta not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience to qualify.