Chloeta is a dynamic and growing business that solves problems internationally for our clients.
Forest Ranger (Wildland Firefighter)
Chloeta is recruiting to fill Call When Needed (CWN) tractor plow operator positions to support prescribed fire operations in northwest Florida. There is no prior firefighting experience required for these positions. Wildland firefighting training will be provided.
Duty Station: Havana, FL area
- Operate heavy equipment such as large bulldozers, transports, trucks and other types of equipment used in the fire control and maintenance of fire roads, breaks, and trails.
- Perform repair work and maintenance of heavy equipment.
- Perform repair and servicing in the field.
- Supervise, instruct and work with summer firefighters in servicing of equipment.
- May instruct or train others in the use of heavy equipment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Direct Deposit Required.
- Background Investigation Required.
- Drug Test Mandatory
- CDL required
- Minimum three (3) years of prior heavy equipment operation (dozer) experience in any industry
The work is performed in a range/forest environment in steep terrain, where surfaces may be extremely uneven, rocky, covered with thick, tangled vegetation, etc. Temperatures are frequently extreme, both from the weather or from fire. Smoke and dust conditions are frequently severe. The hazardous nature of the work requires that protective clothing (boots, gloves, rubber and leather), hard hats, face masks, Nomex pants and shirts, etc., be worn.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, education and capability
- GS-7 equivalent
- Travel may be required to wildland fires.
- All training paid
- Career advancement opportunities
It is the policy of Chloeta not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.