Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and just raised a $70M Series C funding round, led by Menlo Ventures, to fuel our growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Chime is looking for a seasoned Mobile QA Engineer to join our highly experienced team of Quality Professionals who work hard to ensure the Chime Banking experience delights our customers. You’ll be working on a variety of projects for both Mobile and Web based clients, across multiple Scrum teams with specific user experience objectives. Your QA expertise will be the guiding light to ensure team success.
- Ensure the Chime Mobile and Web Applications are of high quality and adhere to company standards as an industry leader in Mobile banking.
- Work and collaborate with QA, Product and Engineering teams to create test strategies, author and execute test plans and test cases, identify, investigate and file clear and concise bug reports, and communicate with the team about issues, risks, and overall product quality
- Align with Product and Engineering teams to clarify and understand product requirements and drive software features to successful customer release
- Strive to identify opportunities to improve Quality Assurance and related processes in a Agile / Scrum team environment
- Be flexible and adaptable to work in an environment with evolving and changing project priorities
- Work closely with the customer service team to investigate and resolve problems reported by Chime customers
- Become a regular user and champion of the Chime Card and mobile app
- 5+ years as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer for mobile and web applications
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledgeable and experienced with industry standard Software Quality Assurance methodologies, best practices and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Proven experience working on Scrum / Agile teams
- Experience with common bug tracking tools and best practices
- Experience with Quality Assurance test case management systems / tools
- Experience working on both Android and iOS based mobile devices
- You possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- You are a mindful and considerate person to work with, get along with others, and are able to work effectively within a team
- Experience working across multiple teams, QA, Engineering, Product, Marketing, and customer support
- Possess strong self motivation to continuously improve the Quality of all projects using your industry knowledge and experience shipping consumer software products
- Have the ability to work independently and in a fluid, highly collaborative environment
- Clearly demonstrate the desire and willingness to learn new technologies and processes to grow your abilities to contribute effectively while at Chime
- Experience with at least one coding / scripting language
- Knowledge and hands on experience with test automation tools and frameworks
- Experience as a Quality Assurance Lead working with small to medium sized teams
- Familiar with React Native based applications
- Knowledge of the financial / banking industry
Working at Chime
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly happy hours and company events
- Dog-friendly office
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Chime is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Local San Francisco Bay Area candidates only, please.