Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and just raised a $70M Series C funding round, led by Menlo Ventures, to fuel our growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
We’re looking for a Fraud Operations Analyst to serve a critical role on our Risk Team. This will require the candidate to work cross-functionally to maximize the operational efficiency of our cardholder dispute program, minimize dispute losses, and ensure regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of working independently, as well as in a team, and who will drive innovation throughout our dispute investigations. The Risk Team protects Chime members, and we need a customer-centric person with strong problem solving and communication skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide high-level, operations management support to Chime’s dispute and chargeback investigations, and audit cases to ensure we are making decisions quickly and with a high rate of accuracy
- Identify and solve cardholder dispute process issues, and forecast the impact to customer experience and dispute losses
- Collaborate with internal teams on dispute management policies, products, and procedures
- Provide regular change management, education, and training to fraud agents and investigators
- Coordinate information requests and analyze performance reporting to identify potential risk areas, and escalate resource needs as necessary
- Support internal and external audits and due diligence requests
- Support ad-hoc projects and/or other categories, as assigned
- You have 3+ years of professional experience, including 1+ years conducting risk management operations
- You understand the importance of operational efficiency and process automation
- You can analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from case facts and apply complex legal and regulatory requirements in a manner that is technically competent
- You have knowledge of, and experience utilizing fraud investigative techniques and practices
- You have a demonstrated ability to forge strong working relationships within and across disciplines and organizations
- You can work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- You have effective project management skills that allow you to track, work on, and properly complete multiple projects simultaneously
- You have a basic understanding of Federal Regulations E and Z
- Basic SQL experience required
- Basic Zendesk knowledge is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly happy hours and company events
- Dog-friendly office
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Chime is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.