Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in FinTech and just raised $70M in funding from top-tier investors to fuel our rapid growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a back-end Rails engineer with 2-4+ years of engineering experience, including 2+ years of Ruby on Rails.
As a member of our Growth Engineering team, you'll be working on member-facing products, back-end automations, and complex user segmentation projects. Don’t worry about having worked on these kinds of things before -- just bring your curiosity and a _growth_ mindset to the job.
The engineers we hire are kind, caring, clever and collaborative. You'll fit right in.
Tech Stack: Ruby on Rails, MySQL
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale new and existing internal tools
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale consumer-facing product features that improve the interaction between our members and our colleagues in Risk and in Member Services
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Participate in code reviews and thoughtfully provide constructive feedback
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Mentor up-and-coming developers
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- 4+ years of experience as a back-end developer
- Ability to work collaboratively to deliver quickly with a plan to iterate
- When faced with a hard problem you can break it down into digestible pieces; when you get stuck you're not embarrassed to ask for help
- You're helpful -- when a teammate needs a hand, you'll raise yours
- You understand that we do our best work when we communicate with each other
- You're interested in mentoring -- as our teams grow, you'll help nurture and guide incoming developers
- You’re ready to learn -- not only will you get to know FinTech, we’re looking for engineers who work to improve their craft
Working at Chime
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Commuter tax benefits for transportation, including BART, Muni, and Lyft
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free snacks and drinks, including 2 weekly catered lunches
- Monthly happy hours and company events
- Dog-friendly office
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Chime is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.