Chime is the largest and fastest-growing company in US Challenger Banking market, with over 2M accounts and no physical branches. We’re a technology company focused relentlessly on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $300M in funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, DST, Iconiq, Omidyar, Crosslink, and others. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
This Design role will focus on our Growth and Acquisition initiatives related to getting members to join Chime or to onboard to Chime’s services in a thoughtful and effective way. It's a multi-platform Design role touching web and mobile. Your core question to solve: What is a person’s “aha moment” with Chime and how do we find out how to design that experience well?
We’re seeking a talented and driven Product Designer that has at least 2 years of experience shipping web and mobile products that focus on problem areas like onboarding, enrollments, and referrals. You'll work within the growing Design Team at Chime, where we are working hard to better the financial lives of our customers. You’ll be primarily working on our mobile banking products by collaborating with our Product, Engineering, and User Research teams to design experiences that improve our users’ understanding of their finances, along with new ways to make their financial health better.
Our members have said over and over that they choose Chime over other banks because how simple and efficient our banking experience is. They get excited that a bank finally exists that gets them. Design is what sets Chime apart from other banks, and you'll be a team member to define that for over a million members that use it every day.
- Work on products and features to inform and delight our growing base of customers
- Work collaboratively with our team of product designers, product managers, and other stakeholders
- Design and iterate on both web and mobile app concepts
- Produce flow-charts, wireframes, low-fidelity and high-fidelity mockups, and build prototypes (as needed) to illustrate the entire UX of a concept
- Collaborate with user research to test and adjust concepts based on user feedback
- Work closely with engineers to ensure their execution matches your direction
- Occasionally wear multiple design hats, helping to work on growth/marketing-related projects as needed
- Act as a champion for high caliber design throughout Chime, and put users first in all decisions
- 3+ years of product design experience in a startup, public company, or agency setting, primarily in shipping multi-platform products like web apps and mobile apps for iOS/Android
- A focus in problem areas related to acquisition, onboarding, and referrals
- Experience in working with high velocity experimentation teams or A/B testing cultures
- Comfortable working in fast iteration cycles of releases that may or may not work, but uses data to inform the best outcome
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Designs mostly in low-fi concepts to get stakeholder alignment and polishes with hi-fi prototypes for delivery
- Expert skills in design tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite apps
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, and using Jira and Confluence
- A passion for pixel-perfection and simple user experiences, and a willingness to never settle for second-best
- An innate desire to make banking really really really (we mean it!) work for our user’s benefit
Bonus Points if…
- You worked on a Growth team designing and testing and optimizing for better experiences
- You are familiar with A/B testing or experimentation frameworks as part of your design process
- You have experience working in fintech or finance-related topics as a product designer
- You have experience have had a history of iteration/improvement your product(s) over time
- You want to fundamentally change the way Americans manage their money
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly happy hours and company events
- Dog-friendly office
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Chime is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.