Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and just raised a $70M Series C funding round, led by Menlo Ventures, to fuel our growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Chime is a technology and data-driven finance startup. Our Data Analysts play a pivotal role in the company by mining vast amounts of data to deflect fraudsters, deliver an awesome member experience and launch better products.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll analyze data to drive better decision making and create reporting for key business functions with a focus on Member Services and Risk. Specifically, you'll:
- Define and implement metrics reporting & dashboards for key business functions (Member Services, Risk Operations, and general business intelligence).
- Work closely with the Member Services and Risk Operations team to develop data driven insights to drive operational improvements and create predictive models to optimize customer happiness and minimize fraud.
- Work with Data Architects on improving data sources by implementing standardized calculations and variables.
- Partner with Product to build and refine products; help manage internal/external analytic platforms and tools.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics, data science, or business operations role. Masters Degree with a quantitative focus is plus.
- You have a solid understanding of SQL and can use or a willingness to learn R/Python. Experience working in Looker is a plus.
- A track record of defining and leading data intensive analytic projects to success.
- You are collaborative and are able to effectively communicate across a variety of business functions and levels.
- Understanding of financial services, financial products, and the associated risk.
A few of the perks of working at Chime:
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus catered Wednesday lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Chime is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.