Chime is one of the largest and fastest-growing startup banks in the US, with nearly 1M accounts and no physical branches. We are a technology company focused relentlessly on helping our members achieve financial health. Our DNA is opposite that of big banks, which profit when you overdraft or get into credit card debt. We never charge fees, help you save money automatically, keep you updated on spending and balance with the best mobile app in banking, and give you your paycheck two days early. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
Members love Chime because we make banking simple, intuitive, and fun. But under the hood, Chime is anything but simple. We process hundreds of millions of dollars in transactions every week, including debit card purchases, mobile check deposits, transfers between banks, P2P payments, direct deposits, and more. To do this, we’ve developed complex integrations with card networks, processors, banks, and dozens of third-party services.
When we build new features, onboard new partners, or make other major changes to our product, this complexity results in a web of dependencies that must be tracked and tackled if we’re to hit our timelines and deliver a high-quality experience to our members.
That’s where you come in. As our first Program Manager, you will report to the VP of Product and take a leadership role on high-impact, high-visibility projects. In this role, you will:
- Create project plans for our most important company initiatives by identifying workstreams, establishing owners, getting alignment on timelines, and more.
- Leverage your ownership mentality and management skills to drive projects forward through regular stakeholder check-ins, weekly progress reports, and careful dependency management.
- Surface and communicate risks while working actively to mitigate them.
- Identify, track, and report on project KPIs
- Communicate progress to executive leadership and external stakeholders.
- Form tight, trusting relationships internally and externally by being the expert and always operating with transparency and integrity
- Always look for (and implement) more efficient and effective ways for our teams to collaborate
- 3+ years experience in a project or program management role
- Strong judgment under pressure
- Technical background
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Passionate about our mission of making financial health a reality for everyone
What we provide
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience, with full benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus catered Wednesday lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in fintech and help create a completely new kind of bank.