Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and just raised a $70M Series C funding round, led by Menlo Ventures, to fuel our growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. You will own the monthly close process and be responsible for putting together our financial statements and reports for our leadership team. You’ll own the integrity of our financial statements and work to add efficiency to our processes. You’ll work cross-functionally to develop budgets and track actuals against forecasts. As the first in-house hire on our Accounting team, the ideal candidate is a self-starter who can ramp quickly and aims to shape the way we grow the Accounting function at Chime.
- Own and optimize monthly close processes including reconciliations, general ledger entries, accruals and related controls, as well as review and approve external bookkeeping documents
- Prepare financial statements, supporting schedules and financial reports for distribution to leadership team and relevant parties
- Partner cross-functionally to develop and maintain budgeting process and regular budget reviews
- Research and develop technical accounting memos to support strategic business objectives
- Prepare and process Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable in conjunction with external bookkeeper
- Build, review and reconcile schedules and reporting relevant to period end, tax filing and audit preparation in collaboration with external accounting consultants
- 5+ years experience of relevant accounting experience, CPA; Public accounting experience a plus
- Experience at a fast-growing, venture-backed company in a cross-functional environment; Prior fintech experience a plus
- Strong accounting skillset, strong working knowledge of US GAAP, proficiency in MS Excel, Quickbooks; Specific knowledge of revenue recognition (ASC 606 and other relevant standards), ERP implementation experience a plus
- Reporting experience and data proficiency; SQL/Looker experience a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks, plus catered Wednesday lunches
- Flexible vacation policy
- In office happy hours
- Company-sponsored team events and outings
- Dog-friendly office