Chime is dedicated to helping our members live healthy financial lives. Our goal is simple: to help people save money without having to work hard at it, and reward them for doing it so that it becomes a healthy financial habit for life. That’s why we offer a bank account that lets our members put their savings on auto-pilot and pays them to save, with no monthly fees
At Chime we’re also dedicated to creating a rewarding work environment for our people. We treat one another inside the company the same way we treat our members--by communicating in ways that build trust, operating with transparency, and having one another’s back. We cultivate a culture of low ego and set a high bar for excellence. We recognize the contributions of individuals, and celebrate wins as a team. We believe in flat organizations and open work spaces. Every member of the team is an owner of the company and is encouraged to “Chime In” on any part of the business. What we all have in common is a desire to work together to create something of lasting value and personal impact for our employees and members alike.
We’re looking for an individual with a financial services background to help develop and maintain our growing organization’s commitment to compliance. This position will be responsible for maintaining many aspects of our issuing bank relationship, training and educating your colleagues on the various aspects of our compliance obligations as well as assisting with new business relationships and new product feature development.
- Assist with regulatory risk assessments, which include reviewing and implementing process changes, business and/or support function procedures and internal controls, and assessment and/or development of internal documentation.
- Provide compliance consultation and guidance for various Federal regulations, including:
- Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering rules
- Regulation DD, Truth in Savings Act
- Regulation E, Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Regulation CC, Expedited Funds Availability Act
- Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce (E-SIGN) Act
- FDIC’s Deposit Insurance Regulations
- Unfair and Deceptive and Abusive Acts and Practices (UDAAP)
- Train your colleagues as necessary regarding aforementioned regulatory requirements.
- Maintain awareness of and communicate regulatory amendments and the associated impact to our internal policies, processes, and procedures.
- Communicate and escalate issues, as appropriate, and provide periodic updates (including creating and delivering presentations) to senior management.
- Review the due diligence requirements surrounding business initiatives with existing and new vendors.
- Participate in the review of marketing materials and ensure approval from our issuing bank for all public marketing collateral.
- Engage on product and feature development with new and existing vendors to ensure agreement on how they will be featured to our members.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external business partners.
- A minimum two years of experience managing compliance-related activities for a federally regulated bank or similar experience in financial services.
- Experience acting as the subject matter expert and are highly knowledgeable in compliance requirements for federal laws and regulations regarding financial services.
- Ability to interpret and communicate regulatory guidance in layman’s terms.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing compliance policies, programs, and procedures, including regulatory risk assessments.
- A strong drive to collaborate and the ability to influence both your colleagues and external vendors to achieve consensus on regulatory risk issues and appropriate mitigation.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Results-oriented and work with minimum supervision.
- Medical and dental coverage
- Free lunch on Wednesdays at the Chime office
- Free snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Flexible vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience