Chime is one of the largest and fastest-growing startup banks in the US, with nearly 1M accounts and no physical branches. We are a technology company focused relentlessly on helping our members achieve financial health. Our DNA is opposite that of big banks, which profit when you overdraft or get into credit card debt. We never charge fees, help you save money automatically, keep you updated on spending and balance with the best mobile app in banking, and give you your paycheck two days early. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
Chime is seeking a passionate communicator and problem solver to join our Member Services Team. As a Member Services Specialist, you will serve as the voice of Chime by interacting directly with our members to deliver a top-notch banking experience. You’ll answer product questions, troubleshoot technical issues, assist members in navigating our apps and website, and support our phone specialists in investigating and resolving issues.
Success in this role means consistently delighting our members!
- Develop deep expertise in Chime’s product offerings and fluency in how to respond to frequently asked questions from our members
- Closely monitor and respond to members through in-app conversations, emails and comments on social media including private messages and public comments (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Communicate in ways that build trust, convey the voice and tone of our brand personality.
- Constantly look for opportunities to delight our members by going above and beyond.
- Provide support for Member Services phone specialists by helping to investigate and resolve member support issues that require escalated assistance
- Make significant contributions to product innovations including building out of chat-bots and the design of new support tools for our Specialists.
- Share with other members of the Chime team to inform our product, marketing and operational plans
- You will report directly to our Senior Manager of Member Services and be expected to share your opinions, insights and feedback regarding all things member experience related.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in account management, customer service, or client relations
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You are attentive, friendly, empathetic, responsive, and member-oriented with an upbeat personality who can handle difficult issues with confidence and grace
- You are well organized, understand how to balance priorities, and can effectively multi-task
- You genuinely care about other people and the quality of service they receive
- Experience with Zendesk ticket management is a huge plus!
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks, plus catered Wednesday lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly happy-hours and company events
- Dog-friendly office
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in fintech and help create a completely new kind of bank