Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and just raised a $70M Series C funding round, led by Menlo Ventures, to fuel our growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Chime is seeking a passionate communicator and problem solver to join our Member Services Team. As a Member Services Specialist, you will serve as the voice of Chime by interacting directly with our members to deliver a top-notch banking experience. You’ll answer product questions, troubleshoot technical issues, assist members in navigating our apps and website, and support our phone specialists in investigating and resolving issues.
Success in this role means consistently delighting our members!
- Develop deep expertise in Chime’s product offerings and fluency in how to respond to frequently asked questions from our members
- Closely monitor and respond to members through in-app conversations, emails and comments on social media including private messages and public comments (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Communicate in ways that build trust, convey the voice and tone of our brand personality.
- Constantly look for opportunities to delight our members by going above and beyond.
- Provide support for Member Services phone specialists by helping to investigate and resolve member support issues that require escalated assistance
- Make significant contributions to product innovations including building out of chat-bots and the design of new support tools for our Specialists.
- Share with other members of the Chime team to inform our product, marketing and operational plans
- You will report directly to our Senior Manager of Member Services and be expected to share your opinions, insights and feedback regarding all things member experience related.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in account management, customer service, or client relations
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You are attentive, friendly, empathetic, responsive, and member-oriented with an upbeat personality who can handle difficult issues with confidence and grace
- You are well organized, understand how to balance priorities, and can effectively multi-task
- You genuinely care about other people and the quality of service they receive
- Experience with Zendesk ticket management is a huge plus!
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks, plus catered Wednesday lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly happy-hours and company events
- Dog-friendly office
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in fintech and help create a completely new kind of bank