Fraud, Risk and Member Services Engineering
Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in FinTech and just raised $70M in funding from top-tier investors to fuel our rapid growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a back-end Rails engineer with 3-5+ years of engineering experience, including 3+ years of Ruby on Rails.
As a member of our Fraud, Risk and Member Services Engineering team, you’ll build both internal tools to help your colleagues better serve our members and member-facing features to improve member happiness and success.This includes our internal member services tool, customer support bot and dispute resolution tool. Don’t worry about having worked on these kinds of things before -- just bring your curiosity and a growth mindset to the job.
You’ll be the fourth engineer in our scrum team, the team’s senior-most back-end engineer, and part of a team pivotal to Chime’s success. With our membership growing by over 100,000 per month, you'll help make sure we can keep caring for our members at the heart of our work.
The engineers we hire are kind, caring, clever and collaborative. You'll fit right in.
Tech Stack: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale new and existing internal tools
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale consumer-facing product features that improve the interaction between our members and our colleagues in Risk and in Member Services
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Participate in code reviews and thougtfuly provide constructive feedback
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Mentor up-and-coming developers
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- 3-5+ years of experience as a back-end developer
- Ability to work collaboratively to deliver quickly with a plan to iterate
- When faced with a hard problem you can break it down into digestible pieces; when you get stuck you're not embarrassed to ask for help
- You're helpful -- when a teammate needs a hand, you'll raise yours
- You understand that we do our best work when we communicate with each other
- You're interested in mentoring -- as our teams grow, you'll help nurture and guide incoming developers
- You’re ready to learn -- not only will you get to know FinTech, we’re looking for engineers who work to improve their craft
Working at Chime
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Commuter tax benefits for transportation, including BART, Muni and Lyft
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free snacks and drinks (some healthy, some not), including weekly catered lunches
- Monthly happy hours, game nights, and team and company events including volunteering and fun-having
- Dog-friendly office
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to help create a completely new kind of bank which actually helps people
In addition, we hope you’ll strive to embody Chime’s core values:
- We communicate early, honestly, and often: We communicate in ways that build trust. We’re responsive and helpful. We listen with empathy. We’re clear and straightforward.
- We have each other's back: We act with integrity and work to make a positive impact in other’s lives. We treat one another as partners focused on a long-term sustainable relationship by finding the win-win. We create incentives to do what’s healthy for oneself and for others.
- We tackle the hard stuff: We’re bold we strive to do what others say can’t be done. We’re not afraid to tackle big challenges and we look at problems as opportunities to overcome obstacles. In fact, the bigger the problem, the better the opportunity.
- We move fast and iterate to get it right: We develop ideas based on strategy, instinct and insight. We take risks and we let data guide the way. We test our ideas, and make them better by measuring results. We don’t expect to be perfect. Prioritization, speed, impact and improvement are what matter.
- We make it easy and fun: When things are simple, they don’t feel like work. When you’re having fun, it doesn’t feel like work at all. That’s how we strive to make every aspect of what we do - from how we operate as a company to how we design our product.
- We all chime in: Everyone has a voice. We empower one another to take control and make an impact.
At Chime we strive towards a diverse and inclusive workplace where learning from each other is key to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun and mission-aligned place to work. Come make a difference at Chime.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Chime is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.