At Chime, managing fraud is extremely important. Our goal is to keep our members’ accounts safe and provide them with uninterrupted access to their money while minimizing the company’s risk exposure and fraud losses. We’re looking for a Fraud Operations Supervisor to manage and supervise Chime’s account and transaction review operations. This role will require the candidate to work across many functional areas to improve productivity and rule accuracy, as well as assist with developing new risk models. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of working independently, as well as in a team, who will drive innovation throughout our account and transaction review program. The Risk Team protects Chime members, and we need a customer-centric person with strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Identify, communicate, and own process improvements to enhance the productivity and effectiveness of the Chime’s Fraud Specialist Team.
- Lead, coach, and evaluate a team to perform at a high level. You will also have to hire and train new team members as the business grows.
- Maintain operational oversight to ensure your team’s productivity and achievement of performance goals.
- Review suspicious account and transaction events using internal and external fraud tools, and take action in accordance with Chime’s risk policies
- Research and analyze data to detect fraudulent activity, and develop opportunities for minimizing fraud and avoiding false positives
- Coordinate with Risk Analysts to develop and test fraud detection machine learning models and queues
- Work cross-functionally with our Member Services Team regarding account suspensions, closures, and other risk matters.
- Support internal and external audits, and due diligence requests
- Support ad-hoc projects and/or other categories, as assigned
- You spent at least two years managing a team, preferably in Risk Operations
- You are a self-starter who is very comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- You can analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from facts, and apply complex legal and regulatory requirements in a manner that is technically competent
- You have a demonstrated ability to forge strong working relationships within and across multiple disciplines
- You can work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You are a process improvement guru
- Previous experience in personal banking or card processing a plus
- Basic Zendesk knowledge is a plus
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus catered Wednesday lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in fintech and help create a completely new kind of bank.