Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.We’re looking for a Fraud Specialist to serve a critical role as part of our Risk Team. This role will require the candidate to work across many functional areas to improve productivity and rule accuracy, as well as assist with developing new risk models. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of working independently, as well as in a team. You will help keep our members’ accounts safe and provide them with uninterrupted access to their money while minimizing the company’s risk exposure and fraud losses. The Risk Team protects Chime members, and we need a customer-centric person with strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Review suspicious account and transaction events using internal and external fraud tools, and take action in accordance with Chime’s risk policies
- Research and analyze data to detect fraudulent activity, and develop opportunities for minimizing fraud and avoiding false positives
- Independently determine and recommend an appropriate course of action following fraud detection
- Work with Risk Analysts to develop and test fraud detection machine learning models and queues
- Investigate suspicious activity reporting from outside partners
- Collect and review documentation from Chime members and third parties
- Work cross-functionally with our Member Services Team regarding account suspensions, closures, and other risk matters.
- Help identify process improvements and contribute to key projects and initiatives
- Support internal and external audits, and due diligence requests
- Support ad-hoc projects and/or other categories, as assigned
- You have 1+ years of professional experience, including 1+ years conducting fraud or risk management operations
- You are a self-starter who is very comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- You can analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from facts, and apply complex legal and regulatory requirements in a manner that is technically competent
- You have a demonstrated ability to forge strong working relationships within and across multiple disciplines
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in personal banking or card processing a plus
- Basic Zendesk knowledge is a plus
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus catered Wednesday lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in fintech and help create a completely new kind of bank.