Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in FinTech and just raised $70M in funding from top-tier investors to fuel our rapid growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Chime is looking for a seasoned DevOps Engineer with extensive container experience to work on building out infrastructure that supports our engineering and platform teams. The immediate project includes revamping much of our environment to support a micro-services architecture, growing existing meta infrastructure to support a fast-growing business, and transitioning components to a container-based architecture.The candidate should have strong experience with Docker containers and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Mesos in a production environment, as well as 4+ years of AWS or similar public cloud experience.
Tech stack: CentOS, Ubuntu, AWS, OpenStack, Ruby, Python, EFK, Kubernetes/Mesos, Hashicorp, Docker
- Design, implement, automate, and evolve container-based solutions for development, test and production environments
- Work very closely with the Operations and Engineering teams to build and maintain solutions
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Seamlessly migrate process and infrastructure to highly-available, cloud-based, containerized architecture
- Dig into interesting problems, identify and test solutions
- Experience deploying to and orchestrating containers in production environments (Docker, Kubernetes/Mesos/Openshift)
- Solid understanding of security, networking, and RDBMS/Database technologies (Postgres, MySQL, RDS and Redshift)
- Expert knowledge in cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS or similar public cloud
- Strong linux administration and scripting experience
- Minimum of 4 years supporting production environments
- Knowledge of configuration management tools like Ansible, Terraform, Saltstack, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with CI/CD and Build Tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI), and Artifact Repositories (e.g. Artifactory, Quay.io)
- Comfortable working independently and as a team in lean DevOps cultures
- Experience in requirements identification, solution analysis/testing, and product selection
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Nice to Have
- SecOps experience / background
- Experience with API gateways (Kong, Nginx WAF, etc…)
- A general dislike for Emacs
- Experience with Linkerd / Conduit