Senior Software Engineer, Banking Services and Financial Health
Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in FinTech and just raised $70M in funding from top-tier investors to fuel our rapid growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
The Banking Services and Financial Health team is responsible for building the next generation mobile banking experience that will continue to differentiate Chime from our competition. We are striving to create an experience and product offering that engages our users and gives them a streamlined and informative view of their primary banking interactions and financial health. This team works very closely with the mobile team to solve cross-functional problems together and creates APIs that enable a top notch mobile experience to be built on. Aside from the APIs the mobile team will consume, this team will also own new services that drive our Banking Experience and Financial Health products.
Chime is looking for a seasoned engineer to build the technology that powers our mobile app. This position will span a large range of the tech stack from new API architecture and design for mobile client consumption, to design and execution of new microservices that power relevant domains. This person will be a key cross-functional collaborator with both product and other engineering leaders to make sure we’re building the right things the right way.
Ruby on Rails, Elixir, GraphQL, Kafka
- Design and implement APIs working closely with the mobile team to ship product efficiently
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale backend implementations of new and existing consumer product features
- Work closely with our product team to launch new features
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive schedules and goals
- Proven experience with Ruby on Rails or comparable languages and frameworks
- Experience using GraphQL is a huge plus
- Minimum of 4 years developing software in a production environment at scale
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications
- Start-up experience is a plus
Working at Chime
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly happy hours and company events
- Dog-friendly office
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank