Senior Mobile Engineer - Core Banking Services and Financial Health
Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in FinTech and just raised $70M in funding from top-tier investors to fuel our rapid growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
The Chime mobile team is chartered with crafting the primary interface between the company and our users. As a small and nimble team, each person has a profound impact on the experience of each of our 100,000s of users. In particular, this team will be creating tight and user friendly interactions around the core banking experience as well as iterating on innovative features that help our users work towards better financial health.
Chime is looking for an experienced mobile engineer with React Native experience to help us build the mobile banking app of the future. The candidate should have 4+ years of experience writing native mobile applications(iOS or Android) and some amount of React Native expertise or have deep expertise in building a highly scaled application in React.js with aspirations to work on a mobile app.
React Native, some native iOS and Android
- Design, develop, test, release, and scale new and existing consumer product features and mobile architecture
- Work closely with our product team to launch new features
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Work in a team as well as independently to deliver on aggressive schedules and goals
- Possess and act on a strong empathy for the users of the products you create. “Mostly working” is not good enough in your book.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in React.js or mobile development (Bonus: React Native). Note we have multiple openings, hence the flexibility!
- Experience leading execution of complex projects involving multiple engineers
- Experience building a React.js or native mobile app with traffic at scale. Ability to architect, refactor, and debug an app without disrupting and introducing regressions to 100,000s of users is a big plus.
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Start-up experience is a plus
Working at Chime
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly happy hours and company events
- Dog-friendly office
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Chime is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.