Chime is dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge unnecessary fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime mobile app and debit card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more. Our members love Chime and use it daily.
We believe that the big banks fail to help their members achieve financial health - and in many cases work against it, charging hundreds of dollars in hidden fees and pushing products that drive people into debt. We don’t think it needs to be this way, so we’re out to beat them.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and just raised $20M in funding from top-tier investors to fuel our rapid growth. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a smart, organized, and ruthlessly efficient self-starter to join our team in the role of Executive Assistant. As the Executive Assistant at Chime, you will have the unique opportunity to work closely with our CEO and make sure he’s set up for success each day. You will constantly push the envelope on what it means to go the extra mile and provide next level service, while proactively anticipating his needs. From managing his daily schedule to creating efficient systems to keep things organized, the support you will provide is critical to the company’s success. This is your chance to learn from a seasoned entrepreneur and level up his productivity. This role will be a part of the People department at Chime while reporting directly to the CEO, working secondarily to support the Executive team. A top priority for this role will be to keep our CEO well connected to our growing team and focused on guiding our members to lead healthy financial lives.
Chime is a fast paced, ever changing environment. There will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, especially as the role grows and evolves both for this individual and with the company. This position is full-time and located in our San Francisco office.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar extensively, including organizing internal and external meetings across multiple time zones & locations.
- Coordinate complex domestic and international itineraries & travel including booking flights & hotels, coordinating details so that the CEO is always prepared during trips.
- Strive to deeply understand the Company’s goals, and work with the CEO to ensure that their time is organized accordingly.
- Manage financial administration on behalf of the Exec team, i.e. processing receipts & invoices.
- Occasionally conduct event planning and coordination of team off-sites/events.
- Communicate with internal & external parties, while exhibiting the highest degree of professionalism.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation or meeting materials.
- Ensure email lists, org charts, and other administrative systems are regularly maintained and current.
- Inform the CEO of employee updates and milestones (reviews, anniversaries etc.).
- Be involved in special or other ad-hoc projects as required, as well as miscellaneous tasks, occasionally these will be personal in nature.
- Compile & edit briefing materials and synthesize this information into executive summaries with key business & communication insights.
- Work as part of the People team to execute on priorities & events.
- Exercise absolute discretion at all times.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of related professional experience, preferably in a technology and/or financial organization supporting VP/Senior Director or C levels.
- An individual who seeks information beyond what is plainly presented to you, with an aim to understanding the CEO’s goals & actively finding ways to be helpful in executing these goals.
- Enthusiastic and eager to help wherever you can, and do whatever it takes to ensure progress, while being friendly, collaborative and approachable.
- Exceptional with regards to organizational & analytical skills but have the ability to be creative in order to solve problems with limited resources.
- Superb at communicating with great written and verbal communications skills with the ability of capturing complex concepts & conveying them in simple, meaningful language.
- Able to compile clear and concise briefing materials.
- Able to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to interact with senior level executives and all levels of the organization.
- Aware of maintaining confidentiality & the use of discretion.
- Self-directed, take initiative & proactive with excellent project management skills.
- Laser focused when it comes to attention to detail and accuracy. You exhibit flexibility, prioritization & the ability to multi-task.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Open to travel if required.
- Ability to work well under pressure
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly happy hours and company events
- Dog-friendly office
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank