Chexology, creator of ABC’s Shark Tank featured product, CoatChex is seeking a highly-driven iOS engineer with a burning passion to develop a world renown, cutting-edge technology. In this role, you will be responsible for guiding the system architecture and building the innovative features that drive our core business growth. This team member will work closely with the engineering team, designers, and business leaders to drive product innovation. This position is open for anyone living anywhere in the United States and is 100% remote. If this sounds fulfilling, we look forward to reviewing your application!
- A continuous communicator, self learner, and change agent who can wear multiple hats while staying ahead of the game
- A builder who turns dreams into reality through relentless determination, passion, and execution
- Able to work extremely well on a cross-functional team
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Guide the technical architecture of any systems you work on
- Work with Product Owners to define, estimate, and develop features to help achieve our business goals
- Work with other developers to ensure the quality of work produced is up to our standard and will achieve our engineering goals
- Take ownership over releasing new code to production systems while ensuring they are secure and scalable to business requirements
- Be part of the on-call rotation to fix issues if features and systems you own are not performing to standards we expect for ourselves and for customers
- Continuously improve developer's effectiveness by improving the development processes and tools
- Participate in providing constructive feedback on all things related to you, your role, and any tasks you undertake so we can build a better, more enjoyable, more productive business
- Help source, hire and interview candidates to join your team
- Work efficiently on a development team (Git, PR, collaboration/pairing, sprint planning)
- 2+ years of iOS development experience, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- Significant experience with REST APIs and deep knowledge of cocoa
- Comfortable writing unit tests and testable code (TDD a plus)
- Confident writing asynchronous code
- Comfortable with the process of releasing an iOS App (Signing, Profiles, etc.)
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technology to maximize development efficiency
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Swift and iOS developments
Want to know what it’s like to work at Chexology? We move decisively with focus and purpose towards a common goal. We push innovation while treating each other with respect and kindness. We understand that our attitude is reflected in our products, services, and where we work. We value and welcome input from everyone on our team. We hope that you’re passionate about the work we do and ready to dive in with us.
- This position is remote, apply from anywhere in the USA
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 50% employer contribution
- Equity incentive plan and 401k plan
- In addition to 9-holiday office closures, Chexologists receive PTO days based on their tenure: 15 days in your first year, 20 days in years 3-5, and 25 days beyond that
Chexology is committed to creating an inclusive culture by embracing and celebrating diversity in our workplace and in the communities we serve. We created a Diversity & Inclusion Committee as one way to work towards creating a culture of inclusion. We believe it's our responsibility to build a workforce that is reflective of our diverse society, and we know that will help us achieve more as a company and create stronger relationships with our customers. We believe in equality for all. We believe in kindness. We believe in leaving a positive impact on the world.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.