Cheese Curds / Habaneros - 277 Lacewood Dr, Clayton Park, Halifax
In an industry where everyone is moving towards pre-processed products, we are doing the opposite. We butcher, marinate, and slow-cook our meats. We pickle our own veggies, make our own sour creams and salsas. We are a Nova Scotia family owned business that has opened and now operates 12 restaurants, a brewery, catering division, and 5 food trucks since 2012. We pride ourselves on providing not just great quality, fresh, housemade food, at a great value, but also an exceptional service experience that will make our guests want to come back time and time again.
Since day one, we've consistently provided a positive, friendly, and healthy atmosphere to work. Chef Bill Pratt and his managers strive to ensure we maintain our well earned reputation of, "one of the best places to work in the restaurant industry." The majority of our now senior team started with us at entry level when we opened our first Cheese Curds, over 7 years ago.
Are you interested in being a part of our vision and success? At Chef Inspired Group of Restaurants we offer;
- pay above minimum wage
- all employees share from the tip pool
- discounted meal plans, on and off duty
- health and dental plans for salaried employees
- encourage growth and promote from within
- value diversity and inclusion
What we expect from you:
- love to work with and serve the public,
- positive, can-do attitude,
- passionate about food and the industry,
- eager to work your way up,
- available to work days, evenings and weekends
We don't just talk the talk, we walk the walk. Join us, and find out for yourself.
We kindly thank all who apply and for your interest in working with us, however only those meeting the requirements for an interview will be contacted.
Cheese Curds / Habaneros
JOB DESCRIPTION – DINING ROOM ATTENDANT/KITCHEN
Title: Dining Room Attendant/Kitchen Porter
Reports To: Supervisor
The Dining Room Attendant/Kitchen Porter is responsible for ensuring the dining room, kitchen, and washrooms are at the highest level of cleanliness at all times, and that the kitchen dishes are cleaned properly and in a timely manner.
• Execute all cleaning duties as directed by the Supervisor or Chef/Manager including, but not limited to/ washing dishes, scrubbing pots, mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, busing tables, collecting garbage.
• Receiving and putting away food and supply orders
• Restocking condiment station and napkin holders
• Execute any prep as directed by the Supervisor
• Keep a positive attitude, especially when in front of the customers
• Ensure the highest level of cleanliness at all times
• Perform all functions in conformance to our standards
Knowledge and Skills Requirement
▪ Proficiency in English
▪ Positive attitude, team player
▪ Prior foodservice experience an asset, but not essential