Main areas of focus: Office Management, Event Coordination, Employee Engagement, and Culture
Location: This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the New York City area only. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit.
You’ll support all of our People initiatives big and small to cultivate a first in class environment for our incredible team.
As the Office Experience Coordinator, you’ll support our People initiatives at charity: water by helping cultivate an environment that can attract, develop, and retain an incredible team. Reporting to the Head of People and Culture, you'll be a steward of our culture, coordinating our all-staff activities and events, including our weekly team meetings and annual celebrations. You’ll ensure that celebrating and caring for our team is a top priority. You’ll also ensure the office experience for staff and visitors is excellent, from the pictures showcasing our work to the snacks in the kitchen.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Partnering with the People and Culture team to identify and rollout all-staff initiatives, activities, and experiences that contribute to the innovative culture of charity: water.
- Creating regular, meaningful, and engaging celebrations and activities for our team of world-changers.
- Managing and planning multiple annual staff events, reviewing each detail, and recruiting support when needed for:
- World Water Day
- Summer Outing
- charity: water’s Birthday
- Holiday Party
- Coordinating organization-wide meetings and events ensuring there is consistent communication and opportunity for the team to connect through:
- Bagels (Our Monday morning all-staff meeting)
- Beer & Pizza
- Brown Bags
- Town Halls
- Water Coolers
- Creating and sending out weekly communications (The Sink and The WIN, our weekly internal newsletters) that cover internal updates and wins for our staff, contractors, interns, and board members.
- Coordinating staff appreciation initiatives and ensuring we are celebrating the contributions and life events of the team whether it’s a birthday, workaversaries, or life events such as marriage, children, or graduation.
- Coordinating all office management and maintaining an awe-worthy space that makes every staff member and visitor feel welcomed and thought of. This includes the management of:
- Office supplies
- Office perks
- Workspace planning
- Office improvements
- Office shipping and mailroom supplies
- Office decor and furniture
- Hosting outside organizations
YOU MUST HAVE…
- 1+ years of successful event planning experience.
- 1+ years of office management or administrative experience.
- An extreme proficiency in Excel and Keynote.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to foster meaningful and thoughtful relationships with all levels of staff.
- Flexibility to work out of normal business hours during staff events, as needed.
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- A “No task is too small” mentality and a track record to back it up.
- Excellent attention to detail and execution abilities.
- Experience planning events for 100+ attendees.
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You are a high-energy, people-person.
You have innate social intelligence. Your greatest skill is establishing and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people. You have the ability to get others excited about the things you are excited about.
You're flexible and a quick responder.
The problem we're trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot. You like special projects and learning new things.
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing.
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way.
You've got a self-motivated get it done spirit.
You’re a multitasking machine and you don’t have a problem getting your hands dirty. You follow through on every task, no matter how big or small, and when duty calls you take matters into your own hands.
You are a culture-driver.
You are able to get others excited about the “why” behind the work and constantly be a model of our values. You are passionate about your work and what it means.
You are a problem solver and strategic systems thinker.
You find new and efficient ways to streamline processes and create innovative approaches to difficult problems.
The People & Culture team cultivates and supports a high-functioning staff, engaging culture, and environment with which to ground the charity: water mission. The People and Culture team sews the values of charity: water through every project, event, benefit, or new role that is created.
At charity: water, our team of world chargers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water, to those in developing countries. In 13 years, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to over 10 million people in 28 countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation and contagious passion. When we’re not eating pizza, gathering for Bagel Breakfasts, or Friendsgiving Feasts, we’re working side-by-side to create beautifully crafted stories and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.