As the People and Culture Experience Manager, you’ll support our People initiatives at charity: water by cultivating an environment that can attract, develop, and retain an incredible team. You'll be a steward of our culture, overseeing our all-staff activities and events, including our weekly team meetings and annual celebrations. You’ll ensure our team is celebrated and cared for well. You’ll also ensure the office experience for staff is excellent, down to the snacks we order. You’ll support the Head of People and Culture in the execution of onboarding, feedback and recognition, training and development, and leading our internship program.
- Partner with the Head of People and Culture to identify and rollout all-staff initiatives, activities, and experiences that contribute to the culture of charity: water.
- Create regular, meaningful, and engaging celebrations and activities for our team of world-changers.
- Manage and plan multiple annual staff events:
- Summer Outing
- Holiday Party
- Coordinate organization-wide meetings and events to ensuring there's consistent communication and opportunity for the team to connect.
- Bagel Mondays
- Beer & Pizza
- Brown Bags
- Town Halls
- Water Coolers
- Create and send out weekly communications that cover internal updates and wins.
- The Sink
- The WIN (Weekly Internal Newsletter)
- Manage staff appreciation initiatives and ensure we are celebrating the contributions and life events of the team.
- Life event celebrations (marriage, children, graduation, etc.)
- Support the planning for the annual staff trip to the field.
- Work alongside the Head of People and Culture to facilitate and review Employee Engagement Surveys to gain insight and identify opportunities for the organization.
- Manage a world-class intern program, coordinating all programming for each semester.
- Manage an Office Coordinator to ensure excellence in office management including:
- Office supplies
- Office perks
- Workspace planning
- Office improvements
- Decor & furniture
- Hosting outside organizations
- 3-5 years of strong, relevant HR/employee engagement experience.
- Vibrant and high-energy personality and presentation skills.
- Event planning and office management experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Very proficient in Excel and Keynote and ability to learn new tools.
- Excellent attention to detail and execution abilities.
- Ability to foster relationships with all levels of staff.
- Flexibility to work out of normal business hours during staff events, as needed.
You are a culture-driver.
You are able to get others excited about the “why” behind the work and constantly be a model of our culture “isms”. You are passionate about your work and what it means.
You are a high-energy, people-person.
You have an innate social intelligence. Your greatest skill is establishing and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people. You have the ability to get others excited about the things you are excited about.
You are an excellent communicator.
You are an astute listener and you articulate your vision clearly both written and in-person.
You are a problem solver and a strategic systems thinker.
You find new and efficient ways to streamline processes and create innovative approaches to difficult problems.
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing.
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way.
You are passionate about your work and what it means.
You want to help build and nurture the organization to help us fight the world water crisis.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.