As a Junior Accountant, you’ll take your first steps in the accounting profession. You’ll be the Accounts Payable champion, reviewing the coding of invoices and expense reports. You’ll work closely with the accounting team to ensure our organization’s books are kept up-to-date, accurate and in compliance with GAAP. You'll report directly to our Accounting Manager.
- Review invoices, expense reports, and credit card expenses for accurate coding to the general ledger
- Investigate and respond to internal and vendor inquiries related to expense transactions
- Coach new employees how to navigate and master the expenditure system
- Serve as a key player in month close, preparing journal entries and reconciling accounts - including owning accounts payable and prepaid accounts
- Assist with compliance matters such as the annual independent audit and 990 tax return
- Assist the department in the creation of new processes and implementation of new systems as the organization continues to evolve and grow
- Support with additional administrative responsibilities and projects as instructed by the team
- 1+ year of office work experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field is strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
You're driven and can drive your own boat
You work independently and are a self-starter. You work just as hard and meticulously by yourself as you do when someone is looking.
You're passionate about accuracy
You double and triple-check your work because you know that accurate data is crucial for an Accounting Department to operate successfully. You pay strong attention to detail, have excellent math, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
You're organized and diligent
You can multitask because you keep things in order. You're timely. And you leave breadcrumbs so others could figure out how you got the job done.
You're a team player
You can coordinate efforts across departments, and effectively work with others, both internally and externally to get the job done right. You use sound judgment and intuitive analysis and know to follow up to ensure everyone's on the same page.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.