As the Content Lead, you’ll shape and influence the way charity: water tells stories and connects to its key audiences. Reporting to the Head of Creative, you’ll concept meaningful brand experiences, partnerships, and content ideas, and be able to communicate them in an inspiring, exciting, and cohesive way. You’ll work cross-functionally to analyze and understand each of our main audiences and the core giving experiences that we offer. You’ll work with the Brand Team to bring ideas to life and lead campaigns through launch. You’ll bring a passion and curiosity for new media and social platforms to your day to day role, expanding the way charity: water engages with its audiences and wins attention from new ones across products.
- Establish and execute the concept, direction and key messaging for marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Ideate, plan, and write content for campaigns, marketing initiatives and brand moments throughout the year
- Lead and manage a team of copywriters
- Support big ideas and creative pitches with market insights and data. Use insights about the core charity: water audiences to determine what types of stories we tell, where, and when (both online and by department)
- Communicate and pitch persuasive campaign concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels across the organization.
- Excite and inspire team members by casting vision for your creative concepts and successfully painting a picture of what the end state will look like.
- Write copy for pitches, presentations, and creative briefs to establish direction for the team and guidelines for project copywriters and designers.
- Lead brainstorms and develop brand positioning statements and creative briefs
- Audit, develop, manage and innovate cross-functional content needs; from pitch decks to printed materials, social, web, email, video, mobile, search and everything in between.
- At least 5 years of professional writing/creative strategy experience.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people.
- Advertising/Brand, Branded Content, or Editorial writing experience, with a portfolio to share.
- You’re excited about new media and tech and interested in incorporating that passion into your work.
- You’re comfortable and confident working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
You live in the grey area between dreaming and doing.
You’re comfortable leading blue sky brainstorms with a room of creatives, and drilling into data sets with analysts.
You're an awesome writer; an even better editor
You can self-edit your work and take unnecessary words away until it hurts. You have a strong passion for storytelling and an understanding of how ideas come to life.
You can edit/review someone else’s work and polish it up
Your attention to detail is a point of envy amongst friends. You have an eye for design and can give thoughtful feedback to creatives as they work to fulfill a creative brief.
You care about the little things
You’re always watching for typos, and this sentence almost killed you.
You can express your opinion confidently
You’re not scared to speak up when you disagree, or when you think something needs improvement, and you do it with confidence and respect for others.
You're a self-starter
You don’t wait for permission to go and do something. You see something broken, and you fix it. You have a great idea, and you make it happen. You can effectively manage multiple deadline-oriented projects on a daily basis.
You're a team player
You don’t care who has the idea, as long as it’s good. You care more about the end result than about personal recognition.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.