Main areas of focus: Subscriptions, Acquisition & Engagement, Digital Marketing, Community Experience
Location: This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the New York City area only. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit.
You’ll be responsible for growing the audience for The Spring, our subscription program, and for managing and scaling our member community program experience.
As the Marketing Director, you’ll be responsible for spearheading our growth strategy. Building a qualified pipeline of monthly donors into our monthly giving platform, The Spring, will be one of your top priorities. Reporting to the Senior VP of Subscription, you’ll own day-to-day performance across marketing channels and work closely with The Spring’s cross-functional team. Working with multiple other teams including Brand, Brand Partnerships, Operations, and Finance, you’ll develop infrastructure and analytical capabilities that drive growth and value for the company. As the Marketing Director, you’ll have a record of successfully leading cross-platform experiences, generating multi-million dollar revenue streams year-over-year. Your mastery of working with story-driven brands and being able to demonstrate measurable impact has been the key to your success.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Working with teams across charity: water, to broaden awareness of our monthly giving platform, The Spring
- Managing the Marketing and Supporter Experience teams
- Building and optimizing The Spring’s lead generation strategy
- Increasing qualified traffic to drive monthly and one-time donations
- Identifying prospective member audiences and/or communities
- Working cross-functionally to understand donor journeys and optimize the experience for audience development and acquisition
- Interpreting data and trends to inform a successful acquisition strategy and execution
- Effectively communicating insights to identify lead generation and up-sell opportunities to build and retain our member base
- Staying on top of best practices and tools for data aggregation, event tracking, and tagging
- Overseeing budgeting, forecasting, and reporting at the channel level for traffic, revenue, spend, customer acquisition cost, and other performance KPIs
- Continually optimizing and growing our Spring Platform through performance analysis, A/B and multivariate testing, customer segmentation, and program and partnership tests
- Evaluating incentivizing opportunities, programs, and platforms
- Evaluating and owning marketing agency relationships helping to define and build the future state of the Marketing team at charity: water
YOU MUST HAVE…
- 8+ years of experience in a digital marketing role with a proven track record in driving user acquisition and revenue growth
- An exceptional grasp and ability to utilize all aspects of digital marketing and analytics to drive successful program development
- A strong KPI-oriented and metrics-driven work approach
- Experience generating accurate forecasts and managing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to apply logical thought processing to problem solve and recommend solutions
- Proficiency in Excel, Segment, Google Analytics, Looker and/or an equivalent software
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Useful experience with and a deep understanding of marketing automation platforms
- Experience managing third-party agency relationships and performance
You're a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to proactively help build scalable models that leverage charity: water's brand, assets, relationships and opportunities to meet aggressive growth goals.
You know what you’re doing and have a track record to prove it
You have a history of leading successful initiatives with measurable results that have impacted the bottom line. Your years of applicable experience have cultivated your wisdom and nuanced creativity for this position.
You're agile and pragmatic
You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles.
You have a team ethos and are collaborative by nature
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments. You find joy in mentoring team members so they can maximize their effectiveness.
You’re a great communicator
You are an astute listener and you articulate your vision clearly. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds. You keep everyone in the know so that the job gets done efficiently and effectively. You see yourself as a translator, you’re trained to interpret multiple needs from different sources, and to find a common language amongst various stakeholders.
You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented
You prioritize well and are able to manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
The Subscription team is a sophisticated group of product managers, designers, engineers, and marketers that power our unique monthly giving platform. They focus on developing a best in class experience for our monthly giving community, The Spring, through building a product that invites transparency, generosity, and community.
At charity: water, our team of world chargers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water, to those in developing countries. In 13 years, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to over 10 million people in 28 countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation and contagious passion. When we’re not eating pizza, gathering for Bagel Breakfasts, or Friendsgiving Feasts, we’re working side-by-side to create beautifully crafted stories and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.