As the Program Finance and Compliance Coordinator, you’ll be a key supportive player on our Program Finance team. You’ll be responsible for ensuring compliance policies are closely followed. You’ll support every member of the team with tasks ranging from grants management support to team logistics and daily administrative needs. You’ll be preparing financial and strategic analysis with programmatic data. You’re a team player who takes direction well and is eager to learn our business. You’re a capable multitasker who can balance a variety of small tasks, while also managing larger projects. Because of you, the team will function better and faster.
- Manage administrative needs for the Program Finance team by supporting teammates, organizing team meetings and off-sites, filing expense reports, putting together presentations and other administrative tasks
- Develop systems, tools and best practices governing Programs and Program Finance activities
- Create external communication to more effectively communicate charity: water's business model to our partners
- Analyze, model and solve problems on a wide range of financial issues
- Work closely with the Director of Program Finance, Program Finance Officers, and Programs teams to validate and maintain grants management data and processes
- Oversee internal and independent partner audits of field offices in accordance with the annual audit plan
- Manage all compliance documents
- Manage Program Finance interns
- Serve as primary point of contact for information requests (internal and external) and coordinate responses on behalf of the Program Finance team
- Support the team pools in grants management which may include: disbursements and wire tracking, drafting of agreements and amendments, and processing grant completion steps
- Project management for key grant administration steps which may include: completion of GA, amendments, ERF, and logging final documents in the grant management platform
- Coordinate travel planning and logistics for Water Programs including coordination of visas for traveling team members
- 2-3 years of experience in managing administrative needs of a fast-paced team
- Demonstrated experience in project management and/or administrative coordination preferred
- Demonstrated excellence with objective analysis and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative analysis
- Ability to comprehend complex data sets
- Excel mastery
- Preferred experience in compliance, audit or financial role
- Bachelor's degree required and degree in finance, accounting or business-related field preferred
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects of various origins at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable items for multiple people.
You get things done
You're a multitasking machine. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities. And when you need help, you're not afraid to ask.
You are customer service driven and an avid team player
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to support a team with a variety of requests. You're confident in your skills and not afraid to speak your mind, but you know how to put the team first.
You have experience and education to back you up
You have a college degree and previous administrative work under your belt, preferably for a non-profit organization.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.