As the Major Gifts (internally, Key Relationships) Associate, you’ll support our Key Relationships team to engage and inspire charity: water donors. You’ll provide administrative support for our fundraisers, helping them to build meaningful and lasting relationships with our supporters. You’ll have the opportunity to learn frontline fundraising and to engage with potential new donors, while also working with the Revenue Operations team to provide in-depth research, donor lists, data analysis, and ensure maintenance of the donor database.
- As a member of the Key Relationships team, you’ll work closely with the team to provide fundraising support and maintain data cleanliness across our systems
- You’ll provide major donors with excellent customer service, addressing all inquiries and resolving questions and/or elevating to appropriate team members for resolution
- As appropriate, you’ll support the fundraisers with major supporters, including unsolicited (organic) givers
- You'll also ensure excellent and timely stewardship and acknowledgment of gifts from the proper team representatives
- You’ll become a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) superuser and a core member of the database management team
- You’ll support the Water Project Sponsorship experience for our major donors by ensuring timely provision of welcome packets, updates, and completion reports
- You’ll provide support for events throughout the year, including on-site logistical support, follow-up, and by making sure relevant information is captured
- You’ll be the go-to person for “Kids Tour,” charity: water’s modified HQ tour for children
- You’ll oversee the intern program for the Key Relationships team
- You’ll provide administrative support for the team, such as scheduling, attending and note taking in meetings, donor relations, expense reports, mailing and tracking of Thirst and other gifts, office tours and preparing the office for major donor visits, as well as other tasks as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of full-time work experience in donor relations, customer service, project management or a related field
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to turn around tasks in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- Proficiency in Apple, Google and Microsoft products
- Experience with SalesForce and wealth screening tools is a plus
- Experience with fundraising and donor prospecting is a plus
You’re extremely organized and detail oriented.
You prioritize well and are able to manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
You love designing new processes.
You see through the chaos and enjoy figuring out how to bring clarity out of it. You build processes that make sense and others find easy to use.
You take initiative.
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems that will help everyone do their job better. You love gathering and serving up information in a way that makes sense to the unique needs of the team and the organization.
You’re a great communicator.
You can turn data and numbers into effective and compelling messages. You are concise and operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You work well with people.
You have experience working in teams and possess the ability to navigate various team dynamics.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.