Main areas of focus: Product design, front-end developer, innovative user interface experience
Location: This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the New York City area only. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit.
You’ll create a beautiful and consistent charity: water UI to support the growth of our monthly giving community, The Spring.
As a member of the Subscription Team reporting to the Product Design Lead, you’ll be responsible for maintaining, scaling, and innovating within the charity: water user interface. You’ll provide an inspiring and consistent user experience for our supporters with a focus on our fast-growing consumer subscription program, The Spring. The Spring is a passionate and determined group of 40,000 monthly givers from more than 100 countries on a mission to end the water crisis in our lifetime.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Working closely with our Creative and Marketing team to ideate, communicate, and implement beautiful, innovative, and thoughtful campaigns and brand moments for all of our supporters, but especially our global community of monthly givers.
- Implementing dynamic and transactional campaign emails within our digital marketing platform.
- Implementing story layouts within our content management system.
- Working closely with Product Design Lead, Head of Digital Marketing, and Senior Retention Marketing Manager to execute A/B tests and prototype new features for testing.
- Collaborating with the Product Design Lead to evolve patterns and advocate for usability and accessibility within our UI systems.
- Working closely with the Engineering team to maintain and evolve our UI toolkit and toolkit documentation.
- Supporting decision-making and integration for front-end libraries including data visualization and maps.
YOU MUST HAVE…
- At least 3 years of experience in a Design or Engineering team
- A preference to atomic design and an expertise in working within a design system
- A well-versed understanding of current UI design software, such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe, etc
- A demonstrated comfortability manipulating objects in the DOM
- Experience working with Design and Engineering teams
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience in a tech start-up environment
- A familiarity with preprocessors, especially Slim and Sass
- Experience with React
- Experience with a templating language such as Handlebars
- Experience working in an agile workflow, especially Pivotal Tracker
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You sweat the small stuff.
You’re a perfectionist who is only satisfied when every pixel is right for every use case across every device.
You’re a systems-thinker.
You can architect solutions with reusability and scalability in mind without compromising efficiency or design.
You’re tenacious in your problem-solving, creative in your solutions, and can be scrappy in your implementation.
You enjoy pushing the boundaries of UI design, advocating for smart and innovative solutions, and contributing new ideas to keep design cutting edge.
You’re curious and collaborative.
You learn from and contribute to your team through means of design and code reviews, creative and technical team discussions, and pairing.
You see something that can be improved, and you don't wait for permission to fix it. You have a
strong desire to make charitywater.org a world-class fundraising experience.
The Subscription team is a sophisticated group of product managers, designers, engineers, and marketers that power our unique monthly giving platform. They focus on developing a first in class experience for our monthly giving community, The Spring, through building a product that invites transparency, generosity, and community.
At charity: water, our team of world chargers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water, to those in developing countries. In 13 years, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to over 10 million people in 28 countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation and contagious passion. When we’re not eating pizza, gathering for Bagel Breakfasts, or Friendsgiving Feasts, we’re working side-by-side to create beautifully crafted stories and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.