Reporting directly to the COO and working alongside the CEO, the VP of Subscription will serve as a strategic and visionary member of the team at charity: water overseeing our fast-growing consumer subscription program, The Spring. The Spring is a passionate and determined group of 40,000 monthly givers from more than 100 countries on a mission to end the water crisis in our lifetime. The VP will manage and grow a lean and talented team of marketing and product professionals while working cross-functionally with our in-house creative and engineering team members to deliver a best-in-class experience to our supporters. The VP will become an expert in the Subscription business, and own the creation and execution of the revenue strategy and product roadmap for The Spring. The VP will be charged with developing a best-in-class experience that acquires and retains passionate supporters.
The ideal candidate has held leadership positions in high-growth, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environments as part of a collaborative, cross-matrixed and committed team. He/she will have a positive, "can-do" attitude and be able to develop a strategy and execute upon it while practicing innovative thinking and flexibility.
He/she will possess a high degree of initiative, take calculated risks, measure performance and demonstrate an overall drive to build lasting success for the organization.
Subscription Growth (The Spring)
- Envision and execute a comprehensive product roadmap and marketing strategy to scale The Spring, with a specific short-term milestone to double the number of Spring Members by the end of 2020 using sound business intelligence and data
- Develop, strengthen and lead a lean team of marketing and product professionals to drive Spring growth and retention, while providing Members with a best-in-class experience and surprise and delight elements
- Develop and deliver a clearly defined growth strategy, including short and long-term measurable key performance indicators and goals, and regularly report on results to the Executive Team and organization
- Partner with Finance to establish, track, and interpret KPIs to diagnose current business trends and forecast future performance, and make recommendations on areas of further investment to increase the overall value of The Spring
- Develop and execute a product vision for a diversified portfolio of Spring members
- Work with the Brand team to develop a vision and plan for digital and physical experiences that will inspire and engage our Spring community
- In collaboration with the Brand team, develop top of the funnel promotions and marketing campaigns that will increase awareness and inspire new supporters
- In collaboration with the Brand team, dream up and develop creative and impactful content that connects our Spring Members to their impact and increases their engagement
- Working with Supporter Experience, regularly assess feedback of Spring members and implement product improvements that result in higher retention and satisfaction
- Develop a muscle for rapid testing and regular research that will collect data to inform our product offerings and roadmap
- Partner with the COO, CEO and key staff members across the org to leverage marketing activities, with a special focus on Spring member experience
- Motivate, coach and manage the Subscription team, employing a coaching mentality to support team members’ goal attainment and ongoing professional development
- Work directly with the COO and CFO to develop KPIs for Subscription, and to set organizational priorities and annual goals
- Provide vision, inspiration, leadership, and guidance to the Subscription and Brand teams
- Serve as a brand steward, advocating, evangelizing and promoting charity: water’s mission, vision, and values through every interaction within and outside of the organization
- Collaborate closely with leaders across the organization to bring creative content strategies to life for Spring supporters
- Deliver regular KPI updates and progress reports to the Executive team and wider organization, fostering excitement and collaboration in the future of The Spring
- Passion for the mission and vision of charity: water
- 10+ years of leading Marketing or Product efforts in a fast-paced, high growth environment -- ideally, within a subscription business
- Experience working in creative organizations with a strong brand and visionary leadership
- Experience building and managing a team and mentoring staff
- Awareness of the best practices and innovation taking place in the subscription space, and application to strategies and product plans
- Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex brand initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to drive innovation, change, and growth, and be a detail-oriented implementer who can mobilize small teams to translate strategy into results
- Superb relationship management, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills, including the ability to inspire and hold accountable diverse internal and external stakeholders (including peers, direct manager and reports, board members and supporters)
- Strong data-driven analytical skills and ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage trade-offs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders across the organization
- Strong understanding of technology and information systems pertinent to the role (Salesforce a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in the relevant field of study preferred
You’re a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to help build scalable models that leverage charity: water’s brand, assets, relationships and opportunities to meet aggressive growth goals.
You have a team ethos and love working with people
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a goal. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you.
You’re a leader & a learner
You are skilled at accomplishing things and getting them done. You can run multiple work streams. You can provide leadership to peers and partners. At the same time, you are never done learning and you constantly surround yourself with people you can learn from.
You see something that can be improved, and you don’t wait to fix it. You are excited to participate in the mission of charity: water
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.