As the Filmmaker at charity: water, you will have the privilege of telling the charity: water story at home and abroad. You will work closely with the Brand Content Lead, Content Strategist, & Creative Producer to shoot, edit, and deliver video content that will be used for major campaigns, events, and all social media platforms. Your work will connect people to our mission and help bring clean water to communities around the world.
- Manage, coordinate, and lead video production in collaboration with our Content Strategist and Creative Producer.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to create unique and thoughtful video content for all marketing efforts and audience segments.
- Operate video and sound equipment for both in-house and field productions.
- Brainstorm creative video solutions to match the organization’s needs, and support the goals of our fundraising and marketing teams.
- As needed, travel domestically & internationally to shoot footage for major campaigns, donor updates, and our annual gala.
- Collaborate & coordinate with freelance editors and videographers.
- Photograph new employees for our website.
- Be responsible for the creation, storage, and organization of all video content, backups, and gear updates/repairs/rentals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or similar experience
- At least 3-5 years shooting and editing experience
- Must have a current reel &/or website clearly indicating your role in the project
- Experience operating professional video equipment, sound equipment, & lights
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and the Creative Suite
- Knowledge of all stages of production and post delivery methods
- Ability to take creative direction and work independently to bring the vision and story to life
- Love for the organization and ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Current and valid passport/ability to travel domestically and abroad
- Skills with sound design, color correction/grading, and/or animation is a plus
You’re a storyteller
You don’t just shoot beautiful video, you know how to weave those images into a narrative. Whether it’s a 30-second ad or a 20-minute doc, you’re excited to adapt the charity: water story for different audiences.
You get things done
You're a multitasking machine. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities. And when you need help, you're not afraid to ask.
You're not only driven -- you can drive your own boat
You work independently. You're a self-starter -- even if no one else were in the office, you'd work just as hard and just as meticulously.
You hold your weight on a small team that handles a lot
We're a small and efficient staff; because of our size, every person plays an essential role in the organization.
You are a hard worker and you have team spirit
You thrive in fast-paced environment with people that are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges and demand excellence.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.