charity: water is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to lead the company’s vital finance function. Reporting to the CEO and serving on the executive team, the CFO will oversee financial strategy, operations and compliance during a time of ambitious growth. In partnership with the executive team and other leaders of the organization, the CFO will create opportunities and solve problems that propel the business forward.
The Chief Financial Officer will lead a team responsible for nearly $100M in assets, with an annual revenue budget of more than $80 million, $60M of which are funds directly raised and deployed for clean water solutions around the world. The CFO will ensure the highest standards of financial management and guide how the company manages revenue, expenses and cash flow to achieve its goals.
Organizational Leadership & Strategy
- You’ll partner with the executive team to develop organizational strategy and growth goals, as well as operating and staffing plans.
- You’ll advise the CEO and executive team on the organization’s financial performance and long-term financial planning.
- You’ll report financial information and trends to the Board and manage relationships with the Board’s Finance and Audit committees.
- You’ll advise the executive team on key strategic issues and decisions, informed by rigorous financial analyses, risk assessments, “what if” scenario modeling and due diligence.
- You'll analyze business results and help direct resources toward the initiatives that most favorably impact operating efficiency.
- You’ll foster a culture that encourages both growth and innovation by tailoring internal control environments and systems to support a unique business model and strategic objectives.
- You'll be responsible for all finance and accounting functions, including day-to-day financial reporting, working capital/cash management, FP&A, financial controls and risk management.
- You’ll develop dynamic financial and business planning models, along with performance metrics that drive the development of monthly and quarterly reports and the annual budgeting process.
- You’ll ensure effective and compliant business operations, where risk is evaluated and mitigated on an ongoing basis.
- You’ll oversee the Program Compliance function for the organization, ensuring our water program partners implement and uphold our financial policies and procedures.
- You’ll partner with the CEO and Finance Committee of the Board to deploy investment capital in the most effective manner to achieve the organization’s long-term strategic initiatives.
- You’ll recognize and anticipate opportunities and challenges related to financial systems and processes.
- You’ll lead a team of 14+ across the Finance, Accounting, Program Finance, and Legal functions for the US and UK.
- You’ll communicate a compelling vision and strategy for the finance function as well as the team and individual goals to drive successful execution of that strategy.
- You’ll manage and mentor a highly engaged and effective team to achieve ambitious results, supporting a high standard of excellence and accountability.
- You’ll support team members’ learning, development, and career growth.
- You’ll build a team culture of optimism, excellence, transparency, and adaptability in a rapidly changing environment.
- You’ll continually evaluate the structure of the finance team to optimize for efficiency and effectiveness and to support the organization’s growth.
- 10+ years of financial leadership experience
- At least 5 years experience leading the finance function for a rapidly growing organization
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, including financial planning, forecasting, modeling and data analysis
- Deep knowledge of the finance and accounting functions
- Track record of success in leading and mentoring high-performing teams
- A global perspective and experience working internationally highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or CPA preferred
You're a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to help build scalable models that leverage charity: water's brand, assets, relationships and opportunities to meet aggressive growth goals.
You’re a leader
You are skilled at accomplishing things through other people. You can run multiple work streams that extend far beyond your immediate team. You can provide leadership for peers, subordinates and partners.
You’re a great communicator
You can turn data and numbers into effective and compelling messages. You are concise and operate with poise, dignity and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds. You are great at sharing insights, but what you love to do is apply real context to findings so that stakeholders understand what it means for them and also how it impacts the organization.
You have a team ethos and you love working with people
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You're excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a goal. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you. You find joy in mentoring team members so they can maximize their effectiveness.
You value precision
You’re meticulous. You know accuracy is important regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in every detail.
You’re a hard worker
You thrive in a fast-paced environment with people that are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges and demand excellence.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.
Please apply for this role through our search firm partner, OnRamps
. DO NOT apply here.