As a Software Engineer at charity: water, you'll be responsible for developing software designed to help bring clean and safe drinking water to every person on the planet. You will work with the engineering and product teams to own and solve problems end to end, while building maintainable solutions based on the product roadmap.
- Architect, build, and maintain our portfolio of products which include:
- charity: water’s online donation and fundraising platform, including marketing initiatives and user reporting.
- systems that enable our water programs teams to manage projects from the grant phase through physical implementation.
- systems that enable our key relationships team to access all donor information synchronized in an easy to manage CRM
- Participate in regular technical team discussions, design and code reviews.
- Ensure the smooth operation of all our systems via maintenance and regular assessment of tech debt.
- Develop and maintain internal development tooling and documentation.
- Experience developing full-stack Web applications using Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks.
- Experience with MySQL and/or Postgres databases.
- Experience with writing well tested software.
- Experience integrating with internal and third-party APIs.
- Experience with caching. Varnish & Redis experience are plusses.
- Experience with CSS3 (experience with SASS is a plus), and HTML5.
- Experience with A/B testing and metrics-driven decision making.
- Experience with version control systems, specifically Git.
- Agile approach to software development and maintenance cycles.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
You're passionate about building products
You enjoy turning ideas into working code, and are passionate about building scalable and reliable products with a fulfilling user experience.
You're agile and pragmatic
You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider
yourself a remover of obstacles.
You’re a team player
You enjoy participating in team discussions, learning from and contributing to your team through means of code reviews, technical team discussions and pairing.
You can find the root cause of problems
You enjoy not just addressing the immediate issue, but tracking down and resolving
the underlying source of the problem.
You see something that can be improved, and you don't wait for permission to fix it.
You have a strong desire to make charitywater.org a world-class fundraising platform.
You communicate well
You can articulate issues to team members and clearly convey how your solutions
will work to address the issues we face.
This opportunity is remote (USA only) or onsite (New York City).