As Water Programs Associate you’ll be on top of all the information flowing in and out of our programs in the field. You’ll know the status of hundreds of water projects and will keep our records accurate, up to date and accessible for the rest of the organization. You'll work with a small and hardworking team to make sure that charity: water's funds are invested in the most relevant and effective water, sanitation & hygiene programs out there. You'll help build new systems that make our partnerships models of efficiency and transparency and position our programs to achieve maximum impact today and over time.
- Manage and monitor grants by: tracking the status of projects; maintaining historical records; managing timelines and ensuring the program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations
- Maintain the grants database and ensure all necessary information is available to partners and staff. You will also be responsible for monitoring and maintaining accuracy within partner grant reporting
- Review partner proposals each half year and partner reporting each quarter including supporting clear communication of all revisions with partners
- Schedule and facilitate meetings, draft meeting minutes and team presentations, and monitor action items from both team and partner meetings
- Process reports and support drafting of grant agreements. You’ll be reviewing for accuracy, timeliness, compliance with format requirements
- Assist with travel arrangements for the Programs team including but not limited to managing travel agendas, flights, visas and maintaining updated country information affecting travel
- Provide various administrative support as needed by the Water Programs Manager and Sr. Portfolio Manager
- Work collaboratively with each charity: water department (finance, compliance, programs, growth, creative, reporting, technology, etc.) to make sure their involvement in our water programs is maximized and efficient
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of relevant international experience
- Great organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Exposure to the water, sanitation and hygiene sector desirable
- Proficiency in additional languages helpful (French speakers are especially encouraged to apply)
- U.S. work permit
You’re extremely organized
You can handle and prioritize several projects at once. You can turn a long thread of email correspondence into actionable items for multiple people.
You love Excel
You enjoy entering, sorting and updating spreadsheets.
You take initiative
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems and research subjects that will help you do your job better. You’re proactive about making sure various departments have the information they need about your projects. You love gathering and serving up information from the field in a way that makes sense to the unique needs of the organization.
You’re a great communicator
You can demonstrate effective partner relationship management by ensuring concise communications of needs and requirements. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You're an avid team player.
You're confident in your skills and not afraid to speak your mind, but you know how to put the team first.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only. Limited domestic and international travel may be required.