Internal Title: Supporter Experience Associate
Main areas of focus: Customer service, reception, cross-departmental administration, supporter experience
Location: This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the New York City area only. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit.
You will be the keeper of first impressions at charity: water for our supporters, volunteers, and guests.
As the Receptionist, you will be the keeper of first impressions at charity: water. You’ll answer the main phone line, triage calls, greet guests, and answer all incoming emails and questions about our work. You’ll support the Supporter Experience Manager in maintaining dynamic relationships with our supporters and volunteers.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Owning the reception experience. Being ready and prepared to answer every call and greet every guest that comes our way during office hours.
- Building relationships with each department and work cross-functionally to keep up to speed on charity: water’s work so you can handle questions from anyone.
- Owning our customer service channels and providing excellent customer service to our donors both online and over the phone.
- Scheduling all office tours.
- Assisting the Supporter Experience Manager in developing and maintaining relationships with our volunteers, campaigners, and monthly donors.
YOU MUST HAVE…
- At least 1+ years as a receptionist or in a similar role in a fast-paced office environment.
- Acute attention to detail and proven track record of creating systems and processes for efficiency.
- Proficiency working with Mac products and Google applications.
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Proven expertise as a customer service wizard, helping others is what you live for.
- Experience with Zendesk or other customer service software.
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You were born a people person.
You enjoy interacting with people over the phone, in person, or through emails. You’re welcoming and more than willing to help someone find their way around charity: water.
You're a communication ace.
You have amazing written and verbal communication skills and you’re able to communicate complicated ideas in a concise way. You take your role seriously, knowing that someone’s experience with charity: water can start - or end - with you.
You’re a Positive Polly.
You have the ability to handle hard situations with grace and patience. You know how to turn anyone’s bad day into a good one. You firmly believe that there are solutions to every problem and you remain positive in any situation.
You’re a problem solver.
If a supporter calls in with a problem, you make it a top priority to help them resolve it. You always put our supporters first and take pride in providing excellent customer service. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize and when you need help, you let fellow staff members know.
You're trustworthy and professional.
You've proven you're equipped to handle and maintain confidential information. You're set on learning all the ins and outs of the org so that you can handle any question that comes your way.
The Marketing team works to get new supporters on board and keep existing supporters engaged with charity: water through impeccable content, PR, and customer service. They also work with our incredible community of volunteers to help support our organization across different departments and a variety of events!
At charity: water, our team of world chargers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water, to those in developing countries. In 13 years, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to over 10 million people in 28 countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation and contagious passion. When we’re not eating pizza, gathering for Bagel Breakfasts, or Friendsgiving Feasts, we’re working side-by-side to create beautifully crafted stories and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.