As the Event Manager, you’ll be responsible for the excellent execution of special events across the US to support charity: water, with a specific focus on producing experiences to attract and engage our major donor supporters. You’ll produce many different types of events varying in size, objective, audience, location, and budget. You’ll be responsible for ensuring every aspect of production is done with excellence, from audio to hors d'oeuvres.
- You’ll work closely with the Key Relationships and Brand Partnerships teams to produce at least 20 annual cultivation and stewardship events to support revenue and engagement objectives.
- You’ll project manage a fast-moving calendar of events holistically for the Key Relationships and Brand Partnerships teams, planning and executing events sometimes simultaneously and with tight deadlines.
- You’ll provide recommendations to the internal teams and external event hosts for event format, size, and style.
- You’ll present creative solutions and manage challenges in stride, as a team player, and will support presenters, including the CEO, with excellent A/V support onsite.
- You’ll be responsible for all technical (such as A/V and lighting) and experiential (such as F&B, decor, flow, and ambiance) areas of production for every charity: water hosted event, including screenings, dinners and cocktail events.
- You’ll provide production assistance to our supporters when they host events in their homes for charity: water.
- You’ll work closely with a cross-functional team to produce the annual charity: ball gala, supporting all areas of production and execution, representing the Key Relationships and Brand Partnerships teams with your focus on creating an excellent experience for our major donors.
- You’ll lead the production for The Well Dinner, an event for 200 of our most dedicated supporters.
- You’ll lead the production for the annual Brand Partner Summit and for miscellaneous Brand Partner activations throughout the year.
- You’ll oversee charity: water’s virtual reality experience for visitors in the office and support external activations where virtual reality is being used as an engagement tool.
- You’ll travel regularly to oversee event logistics across the United States, and at times, internationally.
- At least 5 years of technical event production and management experience.
- Experience working with clients and sales teams, creative teams, production companies and a variety of vendors.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude, creative problem solver and a team player
You have event experience
You’ve produced cocktail parties for 50 and galas for hundreds. You know what it takes to manage resources, budgets, timelines, and expectations to produce a truly seamless event. From check-in logistics to lighting technicians, you think about it all. You can deal with the unexpected and problem-solve on the job.
You’re a problem solver
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. When an issue comes up, you instantly go into problem-solving mode — not panic. You’re prepared and methodical so you can propose solutions to problems on the fly like if the projector is broken, you already have a tested backup on site. After each event, you take learnings and put new processes in place to ensure any challenges that occurred never happen again
You value innovation
You’re always looking out for the newest tools and coolest gadgets — whether for personal or professional needs — you’re on top of the latest and greatest. You value bringing innovation to the events you produce, whether to create a memorable and unexpected experience, to solve a problem like crowd control, or to simply wow the guests; you’re comfortable looking for solutions and opportunities outside of the box.
You get things done
You’re a multitasking machine and you don’t have a problem getting your hands dirty. You follow through on every task, no matter how big or small, and when duty calls you take matters into your own hands. You live for hitting deadlines and understand the importance of keeping on schedule and in budget. You take initiative on projects from the start and know how to bring people together and get things done.
You’re a communication ace
You keep everyone in the know so that the job gets done efficiently and effectively. You know when to ask for help, when to listen, and when to speak up. And you’re known for handling professional and personal situations with candor and respect.
You’re a team player
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work. You're excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a goal. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only. Domestic and international travel will be required.