As the HR Generalist, you’ll partner with the Head of People and Culture to manage the payroll, benefits, policies, compliance, and people analytics for the People and Culture team. You’ll provide high quality, hands-on support to the organization, with the top priority being care for our team members. You’ll help the People and Culture team foster a community of high performance, innovation, and passion.
- You’ll focus heavily on compliance and employment law, ensuring our people practices continually reflect and support all federal, state and local laws.
- You’ll own policy development and work with the Head of People and Culture to ensure our employee handbook is maintained, current, and compliant.
- You’ll manage and work in partnership with the Head of People and Culture to ensure we are offering a benefits package that is generous, competitive, innovative and caters to the needs of our growing staff.
- You’ll manage and own the annual benefits open enrollment process, researching the best providers and plans for our staff and being the point person for all enrollment questions.
- You’ll partner with our People Operations Coordinator to administer and approve payroll.
- You’ll manage all employee leaves (ie - FMLA and parental leave), worker’s compensation claims and unemployment claims.
- You’ll maintain People and Culture metrics, reporting and consistently provide people analytics and insights to support data-driven people decisions.
- You’ll maintain building emergency and safety procedures and act as a key leader for our business continuity plan.
- During high volume times, you’ll support the lean People and Culture team as needed, in areas including onboarding, recruitment, culture initiatives, and staff events.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational management, human resources, or related field or similar experience.
- At least 4 years of People and Culture/Human Resource experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working directly with compliance/employment law strongly preferred.
- Experience with administering payroll required.
- Experience analyzing and working with benefit providers and owning or supporting open enrollment.
- Experience handling sensitive information and operating with respect, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Experience in people analytics is a plus.
You’re a communication ace
You know that providing clear, consistent, and compelling communication is key. You have excellent writing abilities and are able to clearly share a message that is both concise and thorough. You can communicate complex things in a way that is understandable and palatable.
You’re so organized it’s embarrassing
You pay remarkable attention to the smallest details and have meticulous organizational skills. You are able to manage many moving parts and provide organized and timely results. You are a systems thinker that loves to bring order to their projects you own.
You're passionate about accuracy
You double and triple-check your work because you know that accurate data is crucial to operating successfully. You pay strong attention to detail, have excellent math, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
You love working with people
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you. One of your greatest skills is establishing and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people.
You’re a team player with a can-do attitude
You have a positive attitude and a passion for learning. You understand that everything you do impacts our employees and that no task is too small. You are willing to jump in and support where needed.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.