Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Senior Major Gifts Officer will work alongside the Founder and CEO and a front-facing, passionate team of fundraisers to secure major commitments for charity: water’s mission from supporters on the West Coast, primarily focused on raising support for our operations through The Well. Senior Major Gift Officers become experts on the organization’s programmatic work, stewarding existing supporters and building new key relationships to curate a portfolio of engaged, inspired, and loyal charity: water donors.
- In 2019, support the team in achieving the $30M Major Gift target, while building relationships and a portfolio that will show growth in support from West Coast supporters in 2020
- Cultivate, solicit and steward high-profile and high net worth relationships on the West Coast (focused on California) to support charity: water’s Operations, through The Well, and Water funding
- With assistance from the Director of Major Gifts and the Revenue Operations staff, develop a qualified portfolio of prospects and current supporters capable of donating $50K+ annually for Water and $100K+ annually for Operations, raising a minimum of $3M in annual revenue in 2020
- Become point person and subject matter expert for charity: water’s newest funding program, The Pool, identifying and securing pledges from founders and business leaders who have the capacity to pledge equity to support our operations
- Partner with and assist the Founder & CEO in cultivating his own portfolio of supporters, lending support where appropriate and necessary
- With assistance from the Revenue Operations staff, develop a metrics-driven strategy for your portfolio, analyzing supporter data to find new opportunities, drive efficiencies and maximize results
- Deliver an innovative, creative, and exceptional donor experience
- Develop a strategy for cultivation and stewardship events and assist in their coordination
- Learn, study, and become an expert on charity: water’s programmatic work as well as become informed and articulate about international Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) issues
- 5-7 years of major donor fundraising experience on the West Coast, ideally within a medium/large non-profit organization or a growing tech-savvy business
- Proven track record of generating new leads that convert into major gifts
- Familiarity and comfort networking within the diverse industries and donors on the West Coast, including tech, finance, and entertainment
- A passion for our mission and the ability to inspire donors to renew and increase their support
- Well-honed emotional intelligence and highly developed interpersonal skills with the presence and personal style to represent the organization to a variety of constituents
- Experience communicating and partnering with Senior Executives in a matrixed fundraising environment
- Experience effectively using a CRM tool, preferably Salesforce
You’re a communication ace
Outstanding written and communication skills, articulate and persuasive, with exceptional relationship-building skills
You're uniquely people-oriented
You're capable of cultivating productive relationships. Working closely with Fortune 500 CEOs, philanthropists, influencers and other diverse personalities doesn't intimidate, but excites you. You build and develop these relationships with intelligence, maturity, and professionalism.
You're a deal-maker
You're comfortable asking for money and are not afraid to hear no. You possess a keen ability to sell ideas and close deals. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability.
You understand the value of our supporters
You make sure our supporters know how much they matter to our mission. You’re able to get anyone excited about what we do and make their experience with us unique. You’re inviting, discerning and thoughtful.
This opportunity is open to those who are currently located in California or who are located (or willing to relocate to) NYC area.