Based in New York City and reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Senior Major Gifts Officer will work alongside a front-facing, passionate team of fundraisers to secure major donations for charity: water’s projects primarily from supporters on the West Coast. You’ll find and engage new relationships for the organization and inspire a wide range of people to join the charity: water mission. You’ll spend most of your time building a portfolio, communicating with supporters, and meeting with them face-to-face to develop relationships that will help the organization achieve our mission and exceed our revenue targets. Senior Major Gift Officers become experts on the organization’s programmatic work, stewarding existing supporters and building new key relationships to curate a portfolio of engaged, inspired, and loyal charity: water donors.
- You'll work towards a collective Major Gift target of $28 million in 2019
- You'll build a robust portfolio of major gift supporters amounting to $3M in annual revenue
- You'll analyze supporter data to find new opportunities, drive efficiencies and maximize results
- You'll help coordinate and lead cultivation and stewardship events
- You'll deliver an exceptional experience for all charity: water supporters
- You'll learn, study, and become an expert on charity: water’s programmatic work as well as become informed and articulate about international Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) issues
- 5-7 years of major donor fundraising or sales experience, ideally within a medium/large charity or growing tech-savvy business
- A proven track record to generate new leads that convert to major gifts
- Familiarity and comfort networking within the tech industry
- Passion for our mission, outstanding communication skills, presence, and personal style to represent the organization to multiple constituents
- Experience effectively using a CRM tool, preferably Salesforce
- Experience communicating and partnering with Senior Executives in a matrixed fundraising environment
- Ability to travel to the West Coast every 4-6 weeks
You're uniquely people-oriented.
You're capable of cultivating productive relationships. Working closely with Fortune 500 CEOs, philanthropists, influencers and other diverse personalities doesn't intimidate, but excites you. You build and develop these relationships with intelligence, maturity, and professionalism.
You have a remarkable track record.
You have a history of leading successful initiatives with measurable results that have impacted the bottom line. Your years of applicable experience have cultivated your wisdom and nuanced creativity for this position.
You're a deal-maker.
You're comfortable asking for money and are not afraid to say no. You possess a keen ability to sell ideas and close deals. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You understand the value of our supporters.
You make everyone feel special. You’re able to get anyone excited about what we do and make their experience with us unique. You’re inviting, discerning and thoughtful.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.