As Senior Major Gifts Officer, you’ll report to the Director of Major Gifts and work alongside a team of passionate frontline fundraisers raising funds for our water programs and operations. You’ll steward a portfolio of supporters for clean water projects. You’ll find and engage new relationships for the organization and inspire a wide range of people to join the charity: water mission. You’ll spend most of your time building a portfolio, communicating with supporters, and meeting with them face-to-face to develop relationships that will help the organization achieve our mission and exceed our revenue targets.
- You'll work towards a collective Major Gift target of $28 million in 2019
- You'll generate a qualified prospect list of supporters with the capacity to give $50K+ annually
- You'll build a robust portfolio of major gift supporters amounting to $3M in annual revenue
- You'll cultivate long-term relationships, optimizing supporters’ lifetime value to the mission and vision
- You'll analyze supporter data to find new opportunities, drive efficiencies and maximize results
- You'll help coordinate and lead cultivation and stewardship events
- You'll deliver an exceptional experience for all charity: water supporters
- 5-7 years of major donor fundraising or sales experience, ideally within a medium/large charity or growing tech-savvy business
- A proven track record to generate new leads that convert to major gifts
- Passion for our mission, outstanding communication skills, presence, and personal style to represent the organization to multiple constituents
- Experience effectively using a CRM tool, preferably Salesforce
- Experience communicating and partnering with Senior Executives in a matrixed fundraising environment
You're uniquely people-oriented.
You're capable of cultivating productive relationships. Working closely with Fortune 500 CEOs, philanthropists, influencers and other diverse personalities doesn't intimidate, but excites you. You build and develop these relationships with intelligence, maturity, and professionalism.
You have a remarkable track record.
You have a history of leading successful initiatives with measurable results that have impacted the bottom line. Your years of applicable experience have cultivated your wisdom and nuanced creativity for this position.
You're a deal-maker.
You're comfortable asking for money and are not afraid to say no. You possess a keen ability to sell ideas and close deals. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You understand the value of our supporters.
You make everyone feel special. You’re able to get anyone excited about what we do and make their experience with us unique. You’re inviting, discerning and thoughtful.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.