Main areas of focus: Brand consistency, marketing, creative editing ability, inspiring copy
Location: This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the New York City area only. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit.
You’ll craft compelling and thoughtful copy to bring our mission to life for a variety of audiences and channels.
As a Copywriter for charity: water, you will write authentic, persuasive, compelling and inspiring content for all external and internal communications. You’ll craft compelling copy for our website, email programs, social channels, blog, and much more. Reporting to the Head of Creative, you will make sure our communications are both on-brand and effective, bringing the charity: water mission and impact to life through your words.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Writing copy for all charity: water materials such as marketing campaigns, emails, pitch decks, and web pages.
- Delivering excellent copy that aligns with our brand voice and inspires the reader.
- Ideating, planning, and creating content for large fundraising, awareness campaigns, and heat moments throughout the year.
- Developing creative headlines, email subject lines, and social media captions.
- Becoming an expert in the charity: water voice and tone.
- Continuing to evolve the charity: water brand voice, always representing the organization's values.
- Establishing a writing style guide for the organization, and teaching the charity: water voice to the wider charity: water team.
- Editing marketing copy that is short, sharp, and to the point.
YOU MUST HAVE…
- A diverse portfolio of copy examples including the web, print, advertising, email, and social
- An ability to adapt copy tone of voice to align with various audiences
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Experience and proven expertise writing copy for marketing purposes
- A sense of humor
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience writing copy for a cause or a tech-startup
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You're an awesome writer; an even better editor.
You can self-edit your work and take unnecessary words away until it hurts.
You can edit someone else’s work and polish it up.
Your attention to detail is a point of envy amongst friends.
You're a communication ace.
You have amazing written and verbal communication skills and you’re able to communicate complicated ideas in a concise way. You take your role seriously, knowing that someone’s experience with charity: water can start - or end - with you.
You care about the little things.
You're always watching for typos, and this sentence almost killed you.
You can express your opinion confidently.
You’re not scared to speak up when you disagree, or when you think something needs improvement, and you do it with confidence and respect for others.
You're a self-starter.
You don’t wait for permission to go and do something. You see something broken, and you fix it. You have a great idea, and you make it happen.
You're a team player.
You don’t care who has the idea, as long as it’s good. You care more about the end result than about personal recognition.
The Creative team is a deeply passionate group of designers, videographers, social media strategists, and storytellers. They’re responsible for gathering inspiring content and crafting one-of-a-kind stories from the countries we serve. They help our amazing community of supporters be more aware of the global water crisis and compel them to take action and join our mission.
At charity: water, our team of world chargers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water, to those in developing countries. In 13 years, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to over 10 million people in 28 countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation and contagious passion. When we’re not eating pizza, gathering for Bagel Breakfasts, or Friendsgiving Feasts, we’re working side-by-side to create beautifully crafted stories and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.