As IT Database Administrator and Jr. Business Process Architect you’ll support our amazing staff and core line of business systems, and be cooperatively and cross-departmentally responsible for the maintenance of our many internal business processes. You'll be the go-to for operations level administration and work closely with our remote and local staff. You’ll also be working on strategic projects both independently and in coordination with the Head of IT.
- You'll reinforce data hygiene policies with the application of good business practices.
- You'll be a superuser and help maintain our systems and databases.
- You'll support the roll-out of new and upgraded applications and systems.
- You'll assist with IT administration where applicable.
- You’ll assist in reports building and help make data available.
- You'll develop and lead staff training sessions.
- You’ll be responsible for coordinating with internal teams to help drive data initiatives and play a key contributor role.
- You’ll own the procedural documentation of our systems knowledge base and reference guides.
- You’ll help manage our complex web of integrations between core systems, and work with internal stakeholders to create new ones.
- Bachelor’s degree, or a mixture of coursework and applied experience
- 6+ years of IT database management experience
- Advanced database administration experience, SQL a plus
- Working knowledge of systems integration methodologies
- Working knowledge of API functionality
- Business process engineering experience
- Experience with enterprise level data hygiene, data normalization, and data centralization
- Practical knowledge of platform agnostic reporting methodologies
- Management of enterprise-level security practice and policy
- Salesforce platform administration and integration a plus
- Project management experience a significant plus
You have a great deskside manner
You find ways to keep the situation relaxed whether fixing a critical or non-essential problem. You put the user and their experience first in every situation.
You're a technologist
You seek out the latest and greatest technology and get excited about analyzing and advocating its usefulness to the mission.
You’re a problem solver
You find a scalable solution even if it’s your first encounter with a particular scenario. Leaving problems unsolved bothers you, and improperly applied solutions bother you as much if not more.
You ask questions
You’re ready to accept the ideas of colleagues and open to suggestions from any direction. You self-motivate in finding and applying solutions and have the tools and experience to seek and find what you need. You apply these approaches to solutions, meeting in the middle between the user experience and the business driver.
You have a first one in & last one out mentality
As part of the Technology team, we ensure the office is ready for business day and are here to support the organization in every capacity at any time. No job is too small, and you’re not bothered by random distractions because you manage your time.
You have security in mind
You’re comfortable with a role in the organization that puts you in a position of being the tip of the spear for daily cybersecurity enforcement, and you help reinforce industry best practice to help keep our data, user information, and infrastructure safe from threats and new exploits.
You can be proactive and reactive
You don’t just spend your time providing excellent responsive service, but you also work to proactively improve systems and processes over time in response to the types of requests received.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.