Reporting to the Senior Manager of Revenue Operations, the Research Associate will support our fundraisers by identifying and researching prospective and current donors. You will work with the Revenue Operations team to find new prospects and help build a moves management strategy to advance and enhance our donor relationships.
- Develop profiles to provide clear context of donor’s backgrounds, financial capacity, philanthropic interests and the nature of the relationship to the organization
- Partner with the Director of Development to support the development of high capacity portfolios for the Key Relationship Officers
- Work with the Revenue Operations team to build a comprehensive moves management data structure and process flow in Salesforce
- Regularly perform quality checks and regulate change management for moves management process
- Conduct proactive research of all revenue streams to identify new potential key relationships
- Produce visit reports and event bios for the executive and key relationship teams to inform fundraising conversations and strategy
- Analyze geographic areas and industries to identify strategic goals and fundraising viability in particular sectors
- Safeguard the confidentiality of constituent information by keeping up to date and adhering to the principals of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and California’s Consumer Privacy Act
- Overseeing wealth screening activities of major prospects and maintain guidelines for best practices for wealth management
- Maintain and clean donor information in CRM
- Proactively track and disseminate donor and prospect-related news and information
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years of research experience on a fundraising team
- Experience working with Salesforce, WealthEngine and LexisNexis
- Proficient Excel skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A team-orientation and strong work ethic
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Project management experience is a plus
You’re obsessed with accuracy
You double and triple-check your work because you know that accurate data is crucial to operating successfully. You pay strong attention to detail, have excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills. You care about the numbers being right and take the time to make sure everything reconciles or is set up to be error-proof.
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects of various origins at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable items for multiple people.
You're a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to help build scalable models that leverage charity: water's brand, assets, relationships and opportunities to meet aggressive growth goals.
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You love to find opportunities and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into complex revenue challenges.
You’re extremely organized and detail oriented
You prioritize well and are able to manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
You’re very adaptable
You're unfazed by the constant change of a fast-growing organization. You’re able to develop and structure projects, manage expectations, and work autonomously.
You're trustworthy and professional
You've proven you're equipped to handle and maintain confidential information. You're set on
learning all the ins and outs of the org so that you can handle any question that comes your
You’re a team player
You can coordinate efforts with many different departments -- both internal and external -- to get the job done right. You use sound judgment and intuitive analysis. And you know to follow up to make sure everyone's on the same page.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.