Title: Software Architect
Reports to: Director of Engineering
We are a tight-knit bunch of creative, curious, and passionate people. Here are a few reasons that we know you'd love it here:
- You’ll work in a flexible, social work environment.
- You'll solve challenging, meaningful problems worth solving.
- You’ll explore cutting edge technology, and harness its power to transform the way businesses operate.
The Software Architect is responsible for defining and designing technical solutions that solve client business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Defining and designing technical solutions that meet the client’s business needs, cost, schedule, technology, functional, and non-functional requirements for any ChaiOne engagement by:
- Architecting solutions that are: scalable, extensible, implementable, measurable, secure, performant
- Supporting the PM and working with Lead Researcher & Lead Designer
- Advising ChaiOne and/or client technical teams to design, develop, & deploy the solution that meets client objectives by:
- Holding team accountable to code review & engineering processes
- Ensuring the team follows ChaiOne standard architecture
- Drive the evolution of ChaiOne architecture to keep up with changes in both technology and market need, and to meet ChaiOne delivery objectives by:
- Working with the individual technology leads to continue to document & evolve the architecture
- Ensuring best practices are captured and communicated
- Providing frameworks, systems, tools, or starter kits
- Delivering internal trainings
- Guiding more junior ChaiOne engineers through skill & professional development
- Document and communicate clearly the technical approaches and architectures in support of sales efforts, either to existing clients or to prospective clients by:
- Producing high level architecture designs
- Producing technical estimates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of development experience, with escalating levels of responsibility
- Ideal candidate will have exposure to the ChaiOne tech stack, and a deep mastery of at least one of the fields below:
- iOS or Android or cross platform mobile (optional)
- Front-End UI (TypeScript, React, Angular 2+, etc.)
- ChaiOne Tool Stack
- BitBucket / JIRA
- Swagger / OpenAPI Specification (OAS)
- Cloud Computing Softwares
- Continuous Integration & Deployment best practices
- Good understanding of SDLC and solution delivery methodologies
- Scoping and estimating projects
- Proven ability to contribute to technical architecture design that supports robust solutions, including experience with requirements management and technology selection
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and networking
- Experience presenting to executives and partner development teams
- Customer–focused mindset, taking pride in identifying & solving client business needs
- Exposure to Human-Computer Interaction or User Centered Design concept (preferred)
Travel to client sites may be required, up to 25%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.