Title: User Researcher
Reports to: Principal of Research
ChaiOne is a tight-knit bunch of creative, curious, and passionate people. Here are a few reasons that we think you'd love it here:
- You’ll work with some of the world’s largest energy & industrial companies.
- You'll solve challenging, meaningful problems worth solving.
- You’ll explore cutting edge technology, and harness its power to transform the way businesses operate.
The User Researcher is responsible for working closely with designers, other researchers, project managers, and engineers to create client solutions that meld business objectives, design principles, and continuous user research into a compelling user experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute various research strategies outlined in project SOWs; produce Discovery and usability reports to ChaiOne standards, with guidance that has been documented, communicated, and trained.
o Reports contain data from:
- Work within highly effective Research & Design teams to deliver Discovery and usability reports:
o On time
o Within project parameters
o Up to ChaiOne standards
o To internal and external stakeholders’ satisfaction
- Create and maintain rapport with internal project teams, as well as research participants
- Demonstrate Subject Matter Expertise on all project data in all communication to internal and external project stakeholders
- Must be willing and available to work on local client sites as required.
- At least a MA/MS in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or related field
o Quantitative and qualitative research methods
o Quantitative and qualitative analysis methods
- Fundamental understanding and uses of:
o Task flows
o Experience maps
o Baselines and benchmarks
o Affinity diagrams
- Exposure to usability testing and heuristic evaluations
- Online Survey Tools (at least one of the following)
o Survey Monkey
o Survey Gizmo
- Competence in Excel:
o Tables & managing data
o Linking worksheets
o Pivot tables
o Absolute & relative references
- Written Research Reports
- Presentation Skills
- Strong communication and consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively
- ChaiOne Tool Stack (a plus)
o Google Sheets
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.